cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Budget temp sensors (data storing)

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Have some you like? I paid a bunch of money for some and they didnt even last 2 years. Summer is coming and need to track my fridge temps again. Amazing how ambient temp can really effect these absorption fridges. Winter time my fridge is down in the low 30s. Almost freezing stuff. Outside temp gets into the 80s and the fridge struggles to stay below 40.

If you have a data storing temp sensor you like please post the model or a link. Mucho gracias
9 REPLIES 9

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
scottandgaye wrote:
This is what I use. It shows a high and low temp, along with the current temp of both the freezer and the refrigerator. I have the display mounted on the outside (side) of the fridge using heavy duty Velcro and it hasn't come off yet due to heat. I find that I check it regularly each day, just to make sure that everything is working as it should. The high/low temps are resettable and it has an alarm function if the temps are out of range.

Scott

AcuRite Refrigerator Sensor from Amazon

These don't work worth a ****. I have one and it is at least 10 degrees off and no way to calibrate. I bought two small analog thermometers for home refrigerators and hung one in each compartment.
Thermometer
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

NatParkJunkie
Explorer III
Explorer III

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
X3 on the above AcuRite dual sensor and display. Our's has been in service for about 5 years now with nothing except battery replacements for service.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry maybe budget was the wrong choice of words. I bought a fancy setup. Think i spent close to 300 bucks. Half my sensors are broken and the fella who sells the product wants me to pay another 80 bucks to update my system. Told the guy ok, will have to update my posts on the RV forum.

Problem is this site makes it really hard finding old threads. To be honest this forum is just as bad as the **** sensors im complaining about. I get the feeling a really old dude is in charge here and wont make changes. Only come here because i have not found a better site...yet.

FWC
Explorer
Explorer
If you want something to that will log the temperature, then sensor push is the way to go. They work very well, provide the data in a very easy to use format and last a long time.
Amazon: Sensor Push

markchengr
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 on the Accurite. Been using it for several years works flawlessly.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
They are not "budget", but I've had years of success, both refrigerator & freezer with Sensor Push. Read from phone over Bluetooth & keeps a log. High & low alarms.

Housted
Explorer III
Explorer III
I tried several different types of remote sensors and displays.
All became inop all too soon. Went back to the little hanging thermometers and they have lasted and worked well.

These --> https://smile.amazon.com/Winco-Refrigerator-Freezer-Thermometers-Suction/dp/B001VZ6ZH0/ref=sr_1_71?crid=2AVTOJEU1RT04&dchild=1&keywords=refrigerator+freezer+thermometer+2+pack&qid=1620316848&sprefix=Refrigerator+Freezer+Thermometer+%2Caps%2C202&sr=8-71

Housted
2019 Forrest River Forrester 3051S 2014 Honda CRV toad.
1000 W Solar, converted to 50 amp
400 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter, Refer converted with JC refrigeration unit, Sofa replaced with 2 swivel chairs, over cab bed converted to TV mount and storage

scottandgaye
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I use. It shows a high and low temp, along with the current temp of both the freezer and the refrigerator. I have the display mounted on the outside (side) of the fridge using heavy duty Velcro and it hasn't come off yet due to heat. I find that I check it regularly each day, just to make sure that everything is working as it should. The high/low temps are resettable and it has an alarm function if the temps are out of range.

Scott

AcuRite Refrigerator Sensor from Amazon
2022 Ford F-350 LWB DRW PSD Platinum
2012 Hitchhiker Champagne 36LKRSB