cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't get these specific lights on ? Switch is a mystery?

fowlthing
Explorer
Explorer
We have four lights in our Grand Design Solitude 375res that we can't get to come on. Fuses are good. Two are above the microwave and two above the hutch.
This switch I can't figure out what it goes too?
The switch is under the hutch?

2017 Ford 350 SRW
Grand Design Solitude 375RES
may switch to a Ram
6 REPLIES 6

fowlthing
Explorer
Explorer
Well, got all the lights working. Still don't know what the switch is for... will use the tester to see if I can get that figured out.

The light issue was really simple... turns out the switch for lights by the microwave is under the cabinet. And the other set of lights are controlled by a smaller red switch. But very obvious and labeled. Not so proud of this moment.

Thanks for the input. I learned about the tester and about the switch under the cabinet. Which should not have been a question since so many other lights are controlled by switches in similar places.

My apologies for not spending more time before posting.
2017 Ford 350 SRW
may switch to a Ram

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III
Have you tried putting the switch in the on position and then pressing on the lens of the lights? Have some that look like that in my Cougar and they are on a switch but they can be pressed to turn off if all are not wanted. Have you checked to see if the switch has power going to it? Keep us posted on what you find.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

fowlthing
Explorer
Explorer
I will get the tracker.... would be good for many things... thanks
2017 Ford 350 SRW
may switch to a Ram

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
There is also a GD page in facebook that is good help and info https://www.facebook.com/groups/GDRVowners/
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have this tracker, works like a charm.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is a device called a cable tracker, about 25 bucks at Horrible Freight. It has two parts. You connect one to the light (Hot lead if you can ID it) and the other is a "Wand" you beeldle bleedle bleeldle along the wire till you find a switch, or a break.

I have had good luck finding stuff with it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times