cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get past Robot Verification...

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Well, my last pair of GC’s 6v I got from Costco in 2015 at $85 per... Rated at 208amp hrs each, I thought I’d try them out and even saw an advantage of being able to R&R them at say about 3 year (or so) intervals if lucky...They fit tight in the battery compartment, so I added an automatic watering set-up. I never bothered to pull them out to check the SG, but did preform occasional equilization charge...They have seen some periodic heavy use, having to occasionally run for brief periods (30-45 min) the 11k btu air, microwave and Keruig coffee unit...I’m sure that running the air from the two sixers (augmented with 440w gross solar) did not do them much good - lol...

Recently, after 3.5 years of quasi-neglect, I began to notice that when using the Keurig I’d get a low voltage code on the Norcold refer, and the electric slide started to have some difficulties moving the slide in and out, if stopped and then restarted in the mid-way position....However, no signs of trouble elsewhere (heater, water pump, etc)..So after a few episodes of this slide malady, I ran the slide with a battery charger hooked up, and thankfully it worked perfectly...

So with winter approaching, I’m off to get another set of Costco sixers, and in the future I’ll be proactive and change them out with new ones at about 3 year intervals..I’m happy with the bang for the buck...

Just installed the new batts, they are now branded ‘Interstate’ and rated at 210amp hrs - cost is up by $10.00 per battery since 2015...Silde out is working perfectly now...
1 REPLY 1

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The Row Butt

Prowls more in the afternoon and evening than in the morning.

Be careful he seems to exhibit the intelligence of a TV remote...