cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Carry out satellite dish for DISH 722K receiver

Homeless_by_Cho
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for recommendations for a carry out portable satellite dish for DISH TV 722K receiver. I have looked at several manufacturer websites but none list the 722K as compatible. My friend who has a Direct TV was told that a certain brand carryout works for Direct even tho the manufacturer says it is not compatible. However, it works just fine for his Direct TV receiver.

I was wondering if any of you have experience with a portable dish for the 722K receiver.

Thanks,
LeRoy
Homeless by Choice
FULL TIMER since 2012
2015 Chevy 3500, Duramax, 4X4, DRW, Crew cab, Long bed
2013 Northern Lite 8'11"Q Sportsman truck camper
2015 Polaris RZR Side by Side
11 REPLIES 11

SaltiDawg
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Also note that the G2+ only receives the Dish western arc satellites, limiting the options around trees and other obstructions, as well as limiting the availability of the local channels in some areas.

If the antenna can only receive one sat at a time, why can't it be pointed at Eastern Arc Sats - or indeed any single sat?

No argument, just curious.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Also note that the G2+ only receives the Dish western arc satellites, limiting the options around trees and other obstructions, as well as limiting the availability of the local channels in some areas.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Homeless by Choice wrote:
Winegard returned my phone call and said that the ONLY Winegard product that would work with my 722K receiver is G2+ Carryout. I have to put a "power inserter" which comes with their system in the coax line, supply 120vac to it until it finds the satellite (and then I can unplug it) and the 722K should receive all my DISH HD channels.

Kind of.

From the G2+ Manual . . .

Q.
Does the Carryout G2+ antenna work with a DVR?
A:
Yes, the Carryout G2+ antenna can be set up to work with most DVR receivers. Two coaxial cables will need to run from the Carryout G2+ antenna to the DVR, and the receiver will only be able to watch or record from one satellite at a time, which may limit some DVR functionality. The Carryout G2+ antenna is not compatible with the Hopper/Joey for DISH. The Carryout G2+ antenna is not compatible with H25, HR34, or HR44 for DIRECTV (unless the SWM-840 accessory kit is added).
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

SaltiDawg
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a Dish 722k for many years. It, of course, can record four channels simultaneously (Two OTA and two from a Sat) while simultaneously viewing a previous recording.

I'm not an RVer, but to get all available HD recordings I have to look at THREE satellites. That includes my "Local" Channels.

Homeless_by_Cho
Explorer
Explorer
Winegard returned my phone call and said that the ONLY Winegard product that would work with my 722K receiver is G2+ Carryout. I have to put a "power inserter" which comes with their system in the coax line, supply 120vac to it until it finds the satellite (and then I can unplug it) and the 722K should receive all my DISH HD channels.

Carryout G2+ Features

Compatible with multiple providers
Easily switch providers at power inserter
Powered over coax through power inserter
Permanent & temporary mount options
Fully automatic satellite acquisition
Simple setup
Multi-TV viewing
Ultra-small and compact

from Clicky

LeRoy
Homeless by Choice
FULL TIMER since 2012

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Try DISH OUTDOORS 1-800-970-9021. They will sell you everything you need.

Homeless_by_Cho
Explorer
Explorer
Goostoff wrote:
Is there any special reason why you insist on the 722? We just added the tailgater to out bill for $7 a month

I have the 722K for many years and now that I travel, I take it along with me; no loyalty to the 722 just existing receiver.

I see on the internet the $7 offer but I can't find out any information on what receiver is required. Could you direct me to a website or phone number to get this information?

Thank you,
LeRoy
Homeless by Choice
FULL TIMER since 2012

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
Is there any special reason why you insist on the 722? We just added the tailgater to out bill for $7 a month
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

Rjdreyer
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link that might assist

http://www.tv4rv.com/sunshop/

Homeless_by_Cho
Explorer
Explorer
brirene wrote:
I'm using the Winegard Anser with my 625dvr. It indicates it's compatible with all dish receivers except the hopper/joey. I've had good results with it.

I just went to the Winegard site, entered my information and got the following message

Search Results
Selected Features: Portable | Automatic | Stationary | Dish Network (High Definition) | Multiple TVs

Please call Winegard Company Technical Services at 1-800-788-4417. Your area has special circumstances that require additional information.

I called and found that Winegard tech support will open at 7:30 AM CDT. I will try again in the morning.

Thanks,
LeRoy
Homeless by Choice
FULL TIMER since 2012

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
I'm using the Winegard Anser with my 625dvr. It indicates it's compatible with all dish receivers except the hopper/joey. I've had good results with it.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard