cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Converter making bad sound

Damdifino
Explorer
Explorer
My IntelliPower 9200 has started making an intermitent sound like, "bzzzt bzzzt bzt bzzt." It's not a humming noise, it's more like arcing. It's also emitting an acrid electrical smell. I assume it's dead because it's not charging the batteries. I have a 2013 Arctic Fox 22H and my problem is the converter looks to be almost impossible to access without destroying cabinetry under the oven. Any advice?
2014 Arctic Fox 22H.
2009 Toyota Land Cruiser URJ200 Series
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
17 REPLIES 17

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Damdifino wrote:
My IntelliPower 9200 has started making an intermitent sound like, "bzzzt bzzzt bzt bzzt." It's not a humming noise, it's more like arcing. It's also emitting an acrid electrical smell. I assume it's dead because it's not charging the batteries. I have a 2013 Arctic Fox 22H and my problem is the converter looks to be almost impossible to access without destroying cabinetry under the oven. Any advice?

I also suspect it's toast.
as it is LESS than 10 years old Progressive Dynamics might consider a core type exchange for a factory Refurb.. Save you some bucks.

Progressive Dynamics is in Marshall Michigan. when my 9180 fried (AlaS OVER 12 years old I paid the factory a visit... They do not normally do walk-ins but. Well. I was in the neighborhood (parked overnight at the T/A in Tekonsha about 15 miles south of 'em)

Progressive Dynamics is on the corner of Industeral and a road the locals call Old US-27
T/A is M-60 and Old US-27
I'm a former Local.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hard to imagine you would have to remove the oven to get access. Maybe post a picture.

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
#1, unplug it otherwise you might burn down your trailer.