cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Curt brake controller, disables engine.

jlfernan
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a Curt Triflex brake controller in my Thor RV. It sits on a Ford e450 chassis. The controller was plugged into the chassis plug with an adapter harness. When I try to start the engine it goes into Ford's Securelock(?) which does not allow the engine to start. If I unplug the controller, it starts normally. Any ideas. Of course the trailer store I bought the controller from and Curt are both closed on Saturdays.
5 REPLIES 5

Derrils
Explorer
Explorer
Ok,got it.I will check it as well!Thanks guys!

JohnyWalter
Explorer
Explorer
jlfernan wrote:
Installed a Curt Triflex brake controller in my Thor RV. It sits on a Ford e450 chassis. The controller was plugged into the chassis plug with an adapter harness. When I try to start the engine it goes into Ford's Securelock(?) which does not allow the engine to start. If I unplug the controller, it starts normally. Any ideas. Of course the trailer store I bought the controller from and Curt are both closed on Saturdays.

I just checked with Tekonsha brake controller and they confirmed that the Tekonsha Plug-In Wiring Adapter # 3034-P that you referenced will work on your E-450 Class C motorhome.
Try it!

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Derrils wrote:
Help. I have a Curt Venturer Brake Control 51110 and a 2001 Ford F150. The curt has a four prong connector and the F150 appears to have a 6 prong factory installed adapter on tow package.connector. Need an adapter that can easy plug curt to Ford 150 . Please let me know what is available with part# if possible. Thank you in advance Pictures of Curt connector and 2001 Ford F150 connector under dash

Have you been to the Curt website? They should have what you need.

Rather than revive this old thread, you will get more responses if you start a new topic.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Derrils
Explorer
Explorer
Help. I have a Curt Venturer 51110 and a 2001 Ford F150. The curt has a four prong connector and the F150 appears to have a 6 prong factory installed adapter on tow package.connector. Need an adapter that can easy plug curt to Ford 150 . Please let me know what is available with part# if possible. Thank you in advance Pictures of Curt connector and 2001 Ford F150 connector under dash

77rollalong
Explorer
Explorer
sounds like the adapter plug is killing the data bus for the security/ engine, maybe check with curt and see what they have to say.