cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

deep cycle battery suggestions

Cstoliker
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a cost effective deep cycle battery for my RV that's got a rating around 200AH. Something that can run lights and TV (off an inverter) at night for manny hours and that can take a charge fast. Upwards of 45 amp at 15volts. I guess that limits me to lead/acid or possibly AGM.
Like to hear some opinions on what brand gives the best quality per dollar.
50 REPLIES 50

Cstoliker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, I'll run 1 or 2 banks of two AGM cart battery's in series. Each bank then wierd in parallel to each other if I need more then one.

Cstoliker
Explorer
Explorer
So it would seam two golf cart battery's wierd in series is the way to go. My charger will do what I want it to its a PCM and I can control the regulated output using diodes. I'm good with electronics ๐Ÿ™‚ I can regulat it to any voltage I choose.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Deep cycle means .115" plates. High amp capability charge and discharge means AGM. Good brand is Full River. May not be cheap but see what you think ten-years after you buy them. Transfer them coach to new coach.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Cost effective to me was Sams club gc 2 for about $87.00 each. 4 of them. 600 watt zantrex prowatt inverter with remote wired pendant in bedroom. 40" Vizio led and 24" vizio led in bedroom. I have 2 blue seas battery switches so it can charge one bank from the progressive dynamics 4655 (55 amp) converter and the other bank from a Quick Charge 1250 950 amp) battery charger. I can charge both banks from either charging sources or individually from either source. The 1250 will do 15.3v and the 4655 tops out at 14.4v (?)

I have never tried agm so cant say. I dont find wet's to be a maintenance problem but some dont like them. Mine have been in service for 8 months and still look new. I have added a little water twice in that time.

Will your converter/charger do 15 volts?
Your charging source, length of cable, size of cable will play into your charge times.

sclark
Explorer
Explorer
We use a pair of Trojan golf cart batteries. 6 volts. Last set lasted 8 years. Paid 115 each at a golf cart repair shop. 220 amp hours.
2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Cummins Aisin transmission
2014 KZ 358BHK
Honda eu3000is Generator

sclark
Explorer
Explorer
We use a pair of Trojan golf cart batteries. 6 volts. Last set lasted 8 years. Paid 115 each at a golf cart repair shop.
2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Cummins Aisin transmission
2014 KZ 358BHK
Honda eu3000is Generator