cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Differences in Champion Inverter model numbers

mrad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am looking at the bundle pack that supergen.com is offering on their website.

There is quit a price difference between the 73537i ($1,049/pair) vs 73536 ($1249).

Does anyone know the differences in these two models?

Does anyone know if they refurbish (and what is done to them) the generators in their refurbished pack or if they are refurbished by champion?

$899 looks like a heck of a price
6 REPLIES 6

MrWizard
the CAT-5 is a champion model line, they also have a cat5 3500w open frame
there are slight differences between the original 2000i and the cat5 model like having a 12v charger and cables,
whether or not there is a 120v circuit breaker, or just electronic overload cut out.. etc, one 1600w continuous the other 1700w continuous

mrekim wrote:
mrad wrote:

There is quit a price difference between the 73537i ($1,049/pair) vs 73536 ($1249).

The main difference is that one is a Category 5 and the other a Champion. Most importantly they both are the 1700 Watt ones. Some are 1600 watt. The 1700 Watt ones have a different stator.

mrad wrote:

Does anyone know if they refurbish (and what is done to them) the generators in their refurbished pack or if they are refurbished by champion?

I don't know what that do. I suspect that most refurbished are store returns of units that work fine and all they do is make sure they operate correctly.
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

mrekim
Explorer
Explorer
mrad wrote:

The main difference is that one is a Category 5 and the other a Champion. Most importantly they both are the 1700 Watt ones. Some are 1600 watt. The 1700 Watt ones have a different stator.

mrad wrote:

I don't know what that do. I suspect that most refurbished are store returns of units that work fine and all they do is make sure they operate correctly.

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
Supergen's web site.
http://supergenproducts.com/
(supergen.com will not work)
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
don't just quote, read.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

MrWizard
He is on SuperGen
He's looking at BUNDLED PAIRS
Two units with the syncing cables etc....
Instead of buying all the items separately
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
mrad wrote:
I am looking at the bundle pack that supergen.com is offering on their website.

check out Supergen's website. lots of refurb Champion 2000w units at half the price.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes