cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic CCC2 thermostat problems

woodman1
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2015 DRV with above thermostat. Hope someone can help me. I tried calling the factory and Dometic but being Saturday, nobody open.
I'm in Naples Fl with out any AC. So here is my problem.
The thermostat has an error code E1 and E2. According to the manual, it says it lost communication between thermostat and power system. Can anyone point me where to start?
5 REPLIES 5

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Chris Bryant wrote:
That's sounding like RF interference. Do you have any florescent or LED lights? If so, try turning them off.

Chris, According to both Dometic and RVP, they have built in suppressors now for RF/Ripple problems. I think it points to a BAD RJ45 just as you stated. Resets NEVER, NEVER, fix this type problem. AS you stated it has to be the Cable or the RJ 45 connectors. On the OP's system that can mean up to 4 or more RJ45 connectors that DRV made. The wiring is NOT Dometic but the OEM makes and installs their own connectors and phone type cables. Turning the Power(120 or 12 volt) OFF and waiting and then turning it back ON also does NOTHING for this type problem. One bad connection on the communication cables will mess up the whole system. ALL phone type connections at both AC's and the wall tstat need verified. Doug

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
That's sounding like RF interference. Do you have any florescent or LED lights? If so, try turning them off.
-- Chris Bryant

woodman1
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your replies. We tried the instruction, all except disconnecting for 20 minutes. Had it disconnected for about 5 minutes. We tried all morning to get it to work, finely called mobile rv repair. He showed up about 3 pm and turned it on and guess what, it worked perfectly. Stayed about an hour looking for problems and couldn't find any. Half an hour after he left it acted up again. Tried again before going to bed and it started. Has been working since. Any more ideas?

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
woodman1 wrote:

The thermostat has an error code E1 and E2. According to the manual, it says it lost communication between thermostat and power system. Can anyone point me where to start?

Right here
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
It's all in the RJ45 phone connectors- I would start by just unplugging and replugging both ends. Worse comes to worst, change the ends, paying attention to polarity.
Being brand new though, it could also be a staple through the cable.
-- Chris Bryant