cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic DM2852 Fridge Issues - Need some advice

Iceman31
Explorer
Explorer
I am having issues with my unit. I turned it on last night for my weekend out at the lake coming up. Went back out to the lake tonight to find the fridge and freezer very warm. Last year I replaced the thermistor with one of those snip the tip units and it seemed to work for awhile. I had unplugged the thermistor and it seemed to work OK for the remainder of last season. The thermistor was plugged in again when I turned it on last night. I have a new direct replacement thermistor which I could install but am not sure that is the problem. I am contemplating switching it to propane to see what kind of temps I will see. Could my electrical board be on it's way out? Looking for some advice as to what to look for here. When the fridge was quite warm you could hear a gurgling noise like the fluid inside the pipes was bubbling hot. Any advice? Is it worth changing my thermistor? Should I try it on propane? Should I just call a repairman?
2019 RAM 1500 Classic Express Night Edition
2018 Venture RV Sporttrek 343VIK
2017 Hyundai Tuscon SE AWD
2016 Hyundai Sonata Limited
2014 Chevrolet Camaro LS1
2004 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
2011 Crestliner Superhawk c/w 115HP Mercury
2012 Honda CBR250
5 REPLIES 5

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
If it's gurgling, it's shot. It will likely shut down due to over heating tripping the safety.
-- Chris Bryant

Iceman31
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You for your response and sorry about the confusion. When I get out there tonight I will run it without the thermistor unplugged to see what happens and go from there.
2012 Honda CBR250

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Your posts are a bit confusing........

You had a cooling issue last season. Replaced OEM thermistor with a Snip-the-tip and it worked for 'awhile'.....so guess it really didn't because you then stated

" I had unplugged the thermistor and it seemed to work OK for the remainder of last season".........with thermistor unplugged fridge should have cooled continuously and food section should have froze....w/o thermistor plugged in noting to sense temps.

Now you have plugged thermistor (with snip the tip sensor on OEM thermistor wires to lower board) and NO COOLING.
AND you can hear 'gurgling' noises

First off.......'gurgling' noises can be due to BLOCKAGE in cooling unit. NOT GOOD

Second.......need to unplug that thermistor and operate fridge 24 hrs. (force cool operation) then check temps (glass with water and thermometer). If freezer temp and food section temp are OK then the thermistor needs replaced.

IF freezer/food section temps are still warm........need a new lower board

AND If freezer temp is OK but food section is still not cool...........cooling unit is blocked and needs replaced
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Iceman31
Explorer
Explorer
I have not installed the new thermistor yet - It is just the style that slides up and down on the fins.
2012 Honda CBR250

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
The new thermistor I installed recently is adjustable and did need adjusting. Is yours adjustable?

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.