cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electrical Problem

GypsySeniors
Explorer
Explorer
We own a 2004 Gulfstream BT Cruiser E-450 Ford...we are having problems with the electical circuitry and fuses shorting out so that the dash instruments and power windows will not operate...particularly fuse 22 and 43...apperently this was a problem with the previous owner also...we have it in for service right now and they are looking for a dead short but having problems...has anyone had or have a similar problem with their RV...Would appreciate any info that could help. Thank You.
4 REPLIES 4

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea Dr Quick. I'll try to remember that one.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

Dr_Quick
Explorer II
Explorer II
When dealing with a dead short, I will replace the fuse with a test light. Just insert straight pins into each of the fuse "sockets" and connect a test light with alligator clips to pins. Since you are shorted to ground, the light will be on. Then start to "jiggle" wires or any items on the circuit that you know of, and see what happens to light. If it flickers or goes out, you have found the cause of the short.
Dr Quick

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Going back in the memory bank department, power window circuit faults causes

Wiring within door (taped harness) passing over a sharp steel extrusion. Short to ground.

Door hinge fault. Same scenario caused by a flange gasket that moved out of position.

Instrument lights QUESTION: Are your instrument lights tied to your tail or marker lights circuit?

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
A single frayed wire will do that. Personally I would start at the bundle that runs to the doors.