cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electrical Wiring Diagram

3wheel
Explorer
Explorer
I know it is a long shot but ๐Ÿ˜‰ ....does any one know where I can get a wiring diagram for a 2013 jayco X20E?

I think it would be a handy thing to have.
Me, DW, DS, DWoof1, DWoof2
150 Super Crew 3.5L EcoBoost 3.55 towing a
2013 Jayco X20E with E2 Hitch
20 REPLIES 20

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
"Hey Sancho, we ain't got no more yellow"

"Use Blue"

"Not enough"

"Go from the water pump switch to the porch light. Just go around the A/C"

"Is that what you did with yours?"

"No. I went from the bathroom light with white I think".

Obviously you have never really seen a RV electrical station or been there at an RV assembly plant. I HAVE and worked in the RV plants. They ALWAYS have the correct size/Color and all for running the wiring. I have also been to the plants for training and have seen professional wiring done. It is NOT rocket science. Very simple to do. Doug

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
"Hey Sancho, we ain't got no more yellow"

"Use Blue"

"Not enough"

"Go from the water pump switch to the porch light. Just go around the A/C"

"Is that what you did with yours?"

"No. I went from the bathroom light with white I think".

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
3wheel wrote:
Well after I replied that I was "disappointed" in Jayco's response and that I though it was a necessity for troubleshooting they finally sent me a copy.

I guess their "policy" was not very firm. ๐Ÿ˜‰

As you probably realized, the diagram is just that. It does not show where and how the wiring is routed. It shows from 1 point to another and the color code and wire size. Doug

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
To date I have not had to work on the electrical system of my 5er. If I need to though I have the skills needed to chase down the issue and fix it. The factory labeled my circuit breakers and fuses to give me a starting point. But I am not like most owners.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

iconelectricaln
Explorer
Explorer
Gdetrailer wrote:
Dick A wrote:
iconelectricalnz wrote:
Here, I like to introduce Electrical Wiring Diagram. It is the most important feature in electrical service.

A wiring diagram is a basic conservative graphic symbol of an electrical circuit. It shows the machinery of the circuit as basic shapes, and the power and connections between the devices.

What this gentleman from New Zealand is referring to is what we in the the States call a "schematic diagram".

I would suspect that the gentleman from New Zealand is more like a spammer, signed up today and first post looks like an advertisement. If you look at the profile has his website name which is the same as his forum name...

Not to mention Cameron86 is looking rather suspicious, 6 posts and all pushing the hitchanything website..

Hi Gdetrailer,

Whenever I have question or Found any interesting answer, I will be log in rv.net to solve out my question. I have honestly doing participation here. I don't like to use fake name in forum(as many people doing)..Icon Electrical is my business and I did registration for that name. My name is Medah Dragh and I am owner of this business.

I hope, this introduction is enough for my introduction.

MrWizard
thats good news
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

3wheel
Explorer
Explorer
Well after I replied that I was "disappointed" in Jayco's response and that I though it was a necessity for troubleshooting they finally sent me a copy.

I guess their "policy" was not very firm. ๐Ÿ˜‰

MrWizard
actually that is very much like the diagram auto mfg and 3rd parties like chilton provide

they give colors , numbers, connectors

NOT routing
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our trailer's manual comes with several schematics which are very helpful in seeing how it all works, but you don't get a wiring layout for your actual trailer, so it is a complete mystery what routes the wires take behind the walls and in the ceiling.

Here is one of their drawings (which I have scribbled on) from the manual as an example:

1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

azchuckmo
Explorer
Explorer
The problem is as i see it after 40+ years as an electrical/electronic technician for small and larger corporations is the Manufactures of RV still think there products don't need support after sale and that there above the reset of the industries that produce a product that has electrical interconnections. There excuse which is really getting old is that there just like a house which you don't get a schematic when you purchase, that true but my house doesn't go down roads and subjected to all sorts of abuses.
I have created two books of associated systems for my RV the only think i'm missing is a wire diagram, which I will more then likely reverse engineer to come up with.
Chuck

KJINTF
Explorer
Explorer
3wheel

I would question the response you received from Jayco

Winni freely gives 100% of all wiring diagrams aka schematics which include locations of all connections for their units under warranty or not. Sure is nice having all the diagrams at your finger tips when repairing or modifying.

Keep pushing them - they might figure that it is good for business to help their customer

3wheel
Explorer
Explorer
Well I contacted Jayco.....

The told me "no prints can be supplied to the retail customer while the warranty is still in effect due to liability reasons."

I can see them being concerned that I was going to modify something under warranty.

But I think that the schematic is a important tool in understanding how your camper functions and invaluable when things don't work like they are should.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dick A wrote:
iconelectricalnz wrote:
Here, I like to introduce Electrical Wiring Diagram. It is the most important feature in electrical service.

A wiring diagram is a basic conservative graphic symbol of an electrical circuit. It shows the machinery of the circuit as basic shapes, and the power and connections between the devices.

What this gentleman from New Zealand is referring to is what we in the the States call a "schematic diagram".

I would suspect that the gentleman from New Zealand is more like a spammer, signed up today and first post looks like an advertisement. If you look at the profile has his website name which is the same as his forum name...

Not to mention Cameron86 is looking rather suspicious, 6 posts and all pushing the hitchanything website..

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
iconelectricalnz wrote:

2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B