cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Extra storage in sewer valve compartment?

SFVdave
Explorer
Explorer
My motorhome has a huge sewer valve compartment. My hose takes up so little space. Does anyone store other stuff in the compartment? I was thinking of placing a closed Rubbermaid tub or two in there. Obviously, nothing for fresh water or even the hose for the black tank flush should go in there.
4 REPLIES 4

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sagecoachdriver wrote:
I was thinking of placing a closed Rubbermaid tub or two in there. Obviously, nothing for fresh water or even the hose for the black tank flush should go in there.

Why not? If you use a rubbermaid tub (or similar) it will be sealed. I have two plastic containers. One for all the fresh water attachments and the other for the fresh water hose (that has its ends connected together). I also have a squirt bottle of Clorox Spray that I use to sanitize my connections and the rv park's connections. After dumping, I run clean water (green hose, of course) through the stinky slinky and then cap both ends. That also goes into the wet bay compartment. I do have to remove the end of the stinky slinky (attachment to the sewer hole) and I wash it off and spray with the Clorox and put into a large zip-lock baggie.

And I also cap the opening of the tank's drain pipe.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
I keep washing equipment, a bucket and brush. Also a 5 gal container and little handtruck for hauling away grey and black when needed.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

atperci
Explorer
Explorer
Our MH has the electrical cord and genny connection in the same Bay as the waste connections. I know, somebody wasn't being very safety conscious when designing it. So needless to say, ours has the cord and extension stored in there.

I also keep the waste water connectors/adapters in there and the hose support contraption. There is also small shelf in there that I store rubber gloves and electrical conneรงtors on.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
My wet bay has an electric heater so really can't put much else in there.