cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Factory LED Awning Lights Wiring

hinkle_e
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. I'm new to this forum and have found it to be an excellent place for information. My question with a little explanation first.

I have a 2014 Palomino Solaire 209 BH with a Carefree power awning. Unknown to me (and, apparently, the dealer) it came with a factory LED light strip installed on the roller tube. I looked high and low and cannot locate a switch to energize them. The wire runs from the roller tube and disappears into the camper near the top of the door. I traced the wires to behind a removable panel where they splice into some heavier gauge wiring. They then go into a small front cargo area and disappear under the camper (hidden by the belly tray).
I've pulled the command center and don't see any loose wires in the general vicinity.
Hopefully someone here has this setup or has had this issue and can point me in the right direction.
Thanks.
Eric
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Easy check for a remote. Take the 2 wires at the LED lights and connect a voltmeter(DC). IF you have voltage there is a remote. If you do NOT then there is supposed to be a switch. Doug

OR the hidden switch is ON. Possible the LED light strip is burnt out.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

hinkle_e
Explorer
Explorer
That's definately a good thought since the dealer failed to include a remote for the stereo/dvd and had to "borrow" one from another trailer to give to me. I guess my next step would be to look for power at the heavier gauge wires and or uncapped the roller tube and see if there's a receiver module in there. I already bought a receiver and remote in hopes of energizing these. Maybe I'll get lucky and there's already power to them. Too bad she's already covered for the winter and I won't be able to experiment until spring.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
hinkle_e wrote:
Unknown to me (and, apparently, the dealer) it came with a factory LED light strip installed on the roller tube. I looked high and low and cannot locate a switch to energize them.

I'd suspect there is no switch but rather a small hand held remote control that controls light strip functions.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380