cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

fantastic fan thermostat replacement

shadoow
Explorer
Explorer
my fantastic fan thermostat needs replacing. Has anyone used a regular thermostat instead of the fantastic fan brand, something like a Honeywell from Lowe's or wherever???
4 REPLIES 4

shadoow
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
The thermostat is an analog type so should be able to change out with a digital.

But does it also have switch for 'In' & 'Out' direction of fan......mine does.

definitely digital.

My thermostat only has the slider switch on top

called fantastic vent, no free parts just told me i had to get one from a retail vendor

shadoow
Explorer
Explorer
Passin Thru wrote:
I'd look at the back and see if the wiring matched up. Shoould work. Our house thermostat has 4 wires, colorcoded to it. Just replaced it.

i figured not all wires would match since the home thermostat has wires for heating and cooling, but maybe i could just use the ones for cooling.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
The thermostat is an analog type so should be able to change out with a digital.

But does it also have switch for 'In' & 'Out' direction of fan......mine does.

If so you would need to delete that option OR install another switch for reverse/forward control of fan

Why not give Fantastic Vent Company a call 1-800-521-0298.
They use to be REALLY good about sending out replacement parts for free but that was before they were bought by Atwood.
Still worth a free phone call.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I'd look at the back and see if the wiring matched up. Shoould work. Our house thermostat has 4 wires, colorcoded to it. Just replaced it.