cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flowjet Waste Pump Blessing or Curse...?

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I may be gifted with a FlowJet and I wanted to get some input from Forum members that really own and use one, your thoughts on this one and really nothing else.

The reason for this gift? is that they say is a major PITA to use and setup and makes a lot of noise.

What do you all think? What is your experiences on using one.

If I use it there will be about a 15 ft run to a cleanout on my house that is 17 inches above the ground.

Thanks for any insight or helpful hints on the use on one of these.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C
22 REPLIES 22

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Seems like the biggest complaint is longevity and overheating. I recommend connecting with oversize 12v cable to minimize voltage drop. Too bad these portable macerators are not 120vac powered.

Bought my FloJet in 2006 so I could avoid dump station lineups, used it constantly since then, no issues at all, 'though I did finally buy a rebuild kit a couple of years ago because one of the rubber impeller vanes had broken off. 12 vdc is the only way to go as it means the ability to use the pump anywhere at any time, no need for a 120 vac power source. I'd also never buy any macerator that depends on a water source for operation - no need, the FloJet macerator is reliable, does what it's supposed to do, and will work just fine for years. Criticism always seems to come from those who've not owned one or have never used one. :S
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

old guy wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
I had one, used it a couple of times and the blades were always stuck...

I ended up gifting it to my BIL, and getting this - clicky

10 times better... Now, I only use it 2-3 times a year and I really like it

Good Grief at that price it should shine your shoes too

Yea, I did not pay that , nor did I get it from them.... I paid just around $274.00 for it when I got it..... I need to find out exactly how much, cant seam to find the receipt.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
https://www.rvweb.net/best-rv-macerator-pumps-reviewed/

I don't have one as the need has not presented for me. Seems like the biggest complaint is longevity and overheating. I recommend connecting with oversize 12v cable to minimize voltage drop. Too bad these portable macerators are not 120vac powered.

That is unless you want to go $600.
https://www.hodgesmarine.com/Jabsco-Macerator-Pump-115v-p/jab18690

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have the portable one. I love it. My clean out at home is positioned just right so I cannot use a stinky slinky practically. The flojet sends everything down the clean out quick and easy.

To set up, I attach it to the dump valve just like I would a stinky slinky, attach a dedicated garden hose to it (have the hose on a reel), then use jumper cables to attach to the house batery. Setup takes less than 3 minutes. Dumping takes about 5 minutes while just stand there, and it's about 3 minutes to clean and put away.

When I used the stinky slinky at home, it took a good hour having to "carry" the contents of the slinky out to the drain. Connections always leaked.

At dump stations, the stinky slinky works fine.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:

Good Grief at that price it should shine your shoes too

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Wouldn't ever own a trailer with holding tanks and not have a FloJet waste macerator. No way I'm lining up at any campground dump station, I always have serviced my tanks once we're home, at my leisure. My FloJet stored in the front pass through so if the need ever came to off load black tank contents while we're still camping I've always had the means to do so. A series of pics starts here - click on the "i" at the top right of any pic for a text description.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
don't wish to hijack your post but I have been looking at them too. I am interested in what the guys say about them also