cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge on its side?

StewB
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to pick a RV fridge up on an upcoming trip. It won't fit under the canopy on my trick so I will have to lay it on its side. It would be like this for a day or two.

Any problem transporting a RV fridge like this?
5 REPLIES 5

StewB
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
You really don't need to wait- you can hear the liquid flowing. As soon as it stops, you're good to go.
-- Chris Bryant

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
westend wrote:
Just make sure it has been upright and agitated a bit before installing and using. I would allow a couple of days upright between shipping and installation, rocking it gently and occasionally raising the bottom sides to allow any entrapped fluids to seek their proper location, i.e. refrigerant to flow back down to the bottom.

YEP^^^^^

Lay on 'boiler/stack' side and then upright for at least 12 hrs titling each corner for few minutes

Ammonia solution needs to settled DOWN and Hydrogen Gas needs to flow UP
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Just make sure it has been upright and agitated a bit before installing and using. I would allow a couple of days upright between shipping and installation, rocking it gently and occasionally raising the bottom sides to allow any entrapped fluids to seek their proper location, i.e. refrigerant to flow back down to the bottom.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Other forum answer
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman