Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

fuel station timer broke

cj99
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2012 road warrior 415 toy hauler , the other day I went to

use my fuel station to pump some gas into a ATV out of my RV fuel station.

the little red light that you normally use to turn pump on would not light up.

I checked fuses all good and check the hand switch at the pump ( cut off switch )

anyway long story short I pulled the control panel cover off and unplugged the timer ( labeled high speed drive on the circuit board ) ( side note the fuel gauge was working the hole time )

once I plugged it back in the switch worked , well kind of it pumped fuel but then the switch would not turn off the pump so I used the hand switch at the pump. to get the light to go out I had to kill all 12 volt power ( battery cut off switch ) to reset it. but then the gauge went dead and the switch would also not power then pump again. So I believe the timer / high speed driver board is bad. how do I get one or has anyone bypassed timer if so what did you do ?
7 REPLIES 7

cj99
Explorer
Explorer
ok redid solder joint, it would only turn on and timer worked with auto shut off after 15 min but would not turn off with the switch. so I tested switch and it seemed spotty at best. so with a wire for a switch it would turn on and off fine. so looks like it could have also been switch

cj99
Explorer
Explorer
solder joints look bad , going to give it a shot, I am going to try to test with a small battery, then try to fix it and retest with battery
https://picasaweb.google.com/111185576320326182103/April14201602#6273459403290658194

cj99
Explorer
Explorer

https://picasaweb.google.com/111185576320326182103/April142016#6273454438622170114

cj99
Explorer
Explorer
OK I have the timer out and going to clean it with contact cleaner and look at the circuit board for issues. but if this turns into a pain I think I just might put a 30 amp toggle switch in its place.
I emailed heartland and they emailed me back asking for vin # and pictures of the timer. we will see what they say. If they send me one then that's great ill use it.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
If cleaning the contacts doesn't work, inspect the board carefully (assuming it's a printed circuit board that isn't potted in epoxy or rubber or something) for cracked or dry solder joints and reflow any that need touching up. These would mostly be around the connectors or larger/higher power components; things like SMD chips more rarely have problems, and are often somewhat trickier for the amateur to clean up. If you aren't sure of your soldering skills it might be good to get help if you find problems.

cj99
Explorer
Explorer
can I get D100 from lowes ?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Remove the circuit board

Clean with CAIG DEOXIT D-100 contact cleaner (nothing else but D100 works)

Plugger back in and have a ball...

Your tip-off was R&Ring the board fixed some stuff.