cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Go-Power TS-30 30 Amp Transfer Switch

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thinking about installing a Go-Power TS-30 (30 amp) transfer switch in our camper. Anyone aware of any particular pros and cons about this unit? Other model transfer switches we should consider? Thanks.

Not sure if this feature is available in other transfer switches, but I noticed the TS-30 has the option to route the AC input to the converter through the TS-30. When the inverter is active the TS-30 automatically shuts off power to the converter.
18 REPLIES 18

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the schematic.

Interesting how this pictorial (upper one) from the Amazon link for the TS-30 shows the converter being disconnected from the power center (a/c panel) and reconnected to the TS-30. The lower pictorial also shows a charger (converter) connected to the TS-30.

If the TS-30 doesn't remove power from the converter when the inverter is active, one has to wonder what the purpose is for connecting the converter's a/c input to the TS-30.

In any case, if it doesn't disconnect the converter I'll be a bit disappointed, but may still use it as-is.

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
The TS-30 will not automatically switch out the converter. The photo shows switching between (shore/generator) and inverter. A second transfer switch is needed to switch between shore and generator power. Here's a schematic showing what you want to do. K1 and K2 are the transfer switches:
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thatโ€™s the impression I got, too. However, if you check out the 2nd product pic on the attached Amazon link it shows how to wire the converter (they call it charger) to the TS-30 to activate this feature. Also, in the question/answer section in the lower part of the page several people specifically ask whether the TS-30 is capable of turning off the converter when the inverter is active. Two people answered yes along with an explanation (search the q&a section using โ€œconverterโ€). Iโ€™m hoping it does. If not thereโ€™s always the option to return it to Amazon.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m not immediately familiar with Go Power products, but it would be a worthy feature to automatically de-couple the converter when running off the inverter...Looking at the TS 30 instructions I donโ€™t see the converter de-couple feature you describe:

https://gpelectric.com/files/gpelectric/Docs/Manuals/MOBI_MAN_GP_TS-30.pdf