cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Great service from Fastec / FIC. 2 thumbs up

I posted a thread a while ago, looking to source FIC door lock cylinders from somewhere other than Fastec themselves. Didn't really come up with anything.

FIC cylinder thread

June 21 I decided to phone Fastec and order a pair of cylinders and keys.
I used their 800 number and spoke with a very courteous, helpful staff member there. Explained the situation, 2 door TT, one lock is part of their recall issue, the other isn't. One cylinder, the one not covered, sticks and the cylinder sometimes comes out with the key.

He said he would warranty the one covered and I'd pay for the other one. No problem, thank you, and I offered to pay for both plus shipping because I want both locks keyed the same instead of fiddling with 2 keys. I had my credit card ready.

Then he said oh we will just send you both no charge. I said I was quite willing to pay for it and I have my CC number ready but he said no it's ok, no charge.

Wow, I'm impressed! So I gave him my particulars and placed the order.

Fast forward to today. Mail delivery comes and there is a package for me. 2 new pairs of cylinders and 4 keys and the cylinder replacement keys!

I have to say that these guys are top notch, first class with excellent service. Nice to see a company that still knows what customer service is.

Just thought I'd share this experience with you all. Now I can fix my friends TT.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com
3 REPLIES 3

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
My only experience was them was recently when I realized my locks had been recalled, no issues at all. Sent me new parts and easy to change.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
X2. I re-keyed my 5er and they were top-drawer.
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Used to wonder why so many TT's have two doors. Seemed to eat up a lot of interior space. Then I realized it was a spare door in case one lock jammed...

Our Class C has the RV door lock plus a residential deadbolt and that's what we lock with when we leave the coach. Twice now, it's jammed, so I've started taking a Ford key along as well. Can crawl through the cockpit if the house door won't open. Doesn't look good for Class A's...

Nice to hear that about a company. There's a good chance that rep was nice to you because you didn't rant at him.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB