cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HEHR Window Screens

silverkid
Explorer
Explorer
I'm restoring a 2000 Fleetwood Wilderness 5th wheel and seeking help/info installing window screens into the window frames on Hehr slider windows. I have re-screened the frames which are in really good shape but I don't have a clue what I need to secure the screens in the window frames. I (think) the windows are Hehr model 5600 but don't know for sure and don't want to remove the window to find out.
Just wondering if someone might have an idea of what type 'retainers' I might need...

'03 Dodge 2500 4X4 Quad LB CTD H.O.

:C

'04 Cougar 278EFS

:B

See ya down the road...
Rig Pics
7 REPLIES 7

silverkid
Explorer
Explorer
Finally talked with a very nice customer service lady at Hehr International. It turn out that my windows and screens are obsolete, but Hehr some of the clips and springs I need so maybe I'm on my way. ๐Ÿ™‚

'04 Cougar 278EFS

See ya down the road...
Rig Pics

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any holes or slots across the top that a clip/spring might fit into?
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

silverkid
Explorer
Explorer
The frames are metal and had no clips or retainers installed - the screens were not in the window frames when I got the trailer.
I laid the screens flat on a workbench and duct taped the four sides of the frame to the bench before I removed the old spline and screen, so I'm confident that the new screen was not too tight as to deform the frames.
Are the plastic clips referred to a spring type clip that actually retains the screen in the window frame? Local RV dealers/service shops have no clue..
By the way... thanks for the responses!

'04 Cougar 278EFS

See ya down the road...
Rig Pics

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Hehr screens have spring clips at the top that compress when you push up to set the bottom in the track.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
Were there any clips on them when you took them out?
Are the frames plastic?
Did you install the screen too tight and pull the sides of the frame in?
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

silverkid
Explorer
Explorer
I tried to install by up to put the top into the channel but then when I try to pull it down into the bottom channel the top falls out. Are there any retainers that need to be put on the screens?

'04 Cougar 278EFS

See ya down the road...
Rig Pics

pkunk
Explorer
Explorer
Mine push up to remove-re-install by going in top first and push the bottom down into the channel.
1999 Coachman Mirada 34 ft.V10-F53 chassis
12ft.LR slide-2 gp31 AGM 12V @220AH