Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Power Gear Room Slide needs adjustment

I have a slide that's hitting the opening while moving in or out. Is there information on how to adjust it or is this something I should take to Camping World.Thanks for the information. Happy Camping.Bye Dennis

Henry 887 and Eternabond RoofSeal

About a year ago I rolled on a layer of Henry 887 covering most of my EPDM rubber roof. I was up there a couple weeks ago and found that I need to seal the front seam and figured I would go ahead and do the rest including: the rear, sides, and those ...

Velcro Solar Panel

Anyone Velcro'd a solar panel to their RV roof or top of their tow vehicle? I have a small 18" X 30" panel that I want to temporarily attach to the top of a Fiberglas camper shell or the cab of my pickup. I want to leave it mounted for short drives...

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

starting up refrig...lp or electric

Folks:Which cools the refrigerator quicker when starting it up....lp or electric.We always leave lp on when traveling and has worked well.Also..our daytime temp here in southern AZ has been 102-107 for the last few weeks which doesn't help.Thoughts?

Onan 2800 Microlite 1995 starts & dies in 60 sec

Difficulty keeping the unit running. Was running 1 month ago, occasionally surged.Trouble shot by:Removed unit, unhooked power output connectors, Unhooked oil sensor, oil level full, used stand alone fuel pump, new spark plug, removed fuel filter, in...

50A surge protector in 30A service.

Will a 50A surge protector, voltage monitor, work with 30A? Can you use a 30 to 50 adapter then the 50A surge protector then back to 30A for the trailer? Or use the 50A protector then a 50 to 30 adapter for a 30A run to the trailer? We have a 50A...

Head Scratcher - 40A+ draw from the fridge?

Hi Forums,I installed a GoPower IC 3000 which is an inverter, charger and transfer switch combo unit.In testing, I first ran the TV which pulled ~1.5 A. Then I ran the Norcold 2118 refrigerator and according to the GoPower monitor, the Amp draw went ...

BAL Accu-Slide units... removal procedure?

my 5th wheel is equipped with the norco accu-slide out, and I need to remove it to reinforce the bottom of it... does anyone have experience with this procedure? over time, it seems it has gotten moisture in the bottom of it and now it is sagging on ...

Wiring help needed for water heater

I installed a Suburban Nautilus IW60 tankless gas water heater today. The electrical connections on it do not match the old 6gal suburban water heater I had in before. I am hoping someone can help me with the connections.From the MH, there are only...

Converter/charger

We have a 26ft Keystone Cougar TT. Prior to that we had 2 Sunlines.I have a had a dual battery set up for years. With the Sunlines,I could go 4 days without recharging the batteries. With the Keystone,I have to charge them every day. I have 2 group 2...

How long did/are your House batteries last? Survey.

Lots of posts over the last few months about how long house batteries are lasting. Also lots of claims that one battery type will outlive another battery type. So how about a non scientific bit of feedback from us all?Suggest you answer with:Battery ...

Smitty77 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

finishing installing Battery Disconnect and power inverter

My 2017 Grand Design draws power to Co2 detector and Slide 2 even when battery disconnect is turned off. The slide when in blocks the back of 5th wheel and the dealer said this is a safety device.Well I'm going to install a battery disconnect that wi...

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Killer Amps

I want to pull ten amps out of a little 35 ah battery for one hour and then fully recharge. Will this heavy draw destroy the battery? I know it is a small battery.

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 68 replies
  • 0 likes