cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

how to clean the bugs off a diamond shield protected front

OLDROADDOG
Explorer
Explorer
I have a diamond shield protector on the front, after 13,000 miles to alaska and back the mh was covered with bugs. After washing the clear diamond shield looks like dead bugs painted on it. I tried bug and tar remover, polishing compound, coca cola, these bugs look like they belong there. Any ideas? An yes we drove the north haul road in a 40 ft.class A
7 REPLIES 7

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought one of these bug buster brushes at CW years ago and it's my best friend for removing bugs. The white pad opposite the squeegee looks rough, but it's actually really soft and works great on bugs. I even use it for applying wax to the TT as the soft pad will not scratch anything. Great little scrubbing tool:

Bug Buster Brush
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hydrogen peroxide..... spray it on and it will help dissolve the bugs. I use it on my motorcycle windshield.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

AZRick
Explorer
Explorer
Not cheap, but I use the bug spray which Diamond Shield sells directly. Comes in qt. bottle, gets diluted to working solution. Works like a charm. And any problems, they can't claim an "unauthorized" product was used.

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
I just use the dryer sheets in place of a sponge and Dawn dish soap & water.

georgem2106
Explorer
Explorer
I just use a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and water. Spray on and wipe off with an old cotton tshirt.

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
After 5000 miles I used what I found online. Put a couple dryer sheets in a spray bottle with some clean water. Let sit for couple hours, spray on bugs and wipe them off with other dryer sheets, rinse.

Thought this was a little weird but after trying it I use it all the time. Does not seem to take the wax off either.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
I know it sounds silly, but try some Dow Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner. Spray it on, out of direct sunlight, and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Than mist some water on and brush away. I'll bet most of em come off.
I read about this tip in another forum, and it works. Passed it on to a friend in Fla. (love bug heaven), and he tried it on baked on lovebugs, and now it's all he uses.
Hey, it's only around $3.75 a can. Give it a try.
Grumpy