cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to install RCA jacks for outdoor speakers?

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Instead of actually installing speakers which requires cutting, drilling and running wire all over the place, I have a very convenient location to install a couple jacks that I'll use with portable speakers.

I've been unable to find an actual product designed for this. I've thought of a few Disney fabrications, but figured I should ask here first. A gentleman at the local RV store suggested using a couple outdoor coax plates and buying F connectors at Radio Shack. Unless somebody can point me in a different direction, I'm leaning that way.

And just to nip it in the bud, don't try to explain to me the error of my ways, disturbing my neighbors, etc. I'm very respectful that way and rarely have neighbors where I "camp" anyhow.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE
17 REPLIES 17

caberto
Explorer
Explorer
Camp, Forrest, Camp! wrote:
Do you already have the speakers you are using? There are some nice wireless speakers and I just got a Bluetooth speaker that I love.

I think the RV dealer suggestion makes sense and is easy.

+1. Bluetooth would be a great way to wirelessly play your mp3 music anywhere. We just picked up a JBL/Harman wireless speaker that's small but sounds great. It's called the Flip. Can work with bluetooth or wired to your mp3 player.
2010 Keystone Cougar 324RLB
2005 GMC 2500HD Duramax/Allison 4x4 Crew Cab S/B
www.imagesbyberto.com

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
Do you already have the speakers you are using? There are some nice wireless speakers and I just got a Bluetooth speaker that I love.

I think the RV dealer suggestion makes sense and is easy.
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.

caberto
Explorer
Explorer
You mean like this?

Dual RCA Jack plate
2010 Keystone Cougar 324RLB
2005 GMC 2500HD Duramax/Allison 4x4 Crew Cab S/B
www.imagesbyberto.com