cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HWH 625 Jack Solenoid Adjustment

Rustydog
Explorer
Explorer
Working on a friends 2006 Magellan with HWH 625 jack problems.
When we removed the solenoids for testing the plungers stuck in the cavity and had to be pulled. When the solenoids were removed the lock nuts did not hold so now we need to adjust the plungers for the correct length. Does anybody have the correct procedures for adjusting the solenoids/plungers?
3 REPLIES 3

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
They are not round but square (quad) and I believe there are 3 maybe 2 o rings. Yes, a novice will unscrew too far and leave what I call the needle assbly stuck in the manifold block. You have to unscrew and then use a screwdriver/prybar to "pop" the solenoid out of the manifold as the o rings stick a little. Doug

Rustydog
Explorer
Explorer
Doug
Thanks for your response
Are you saying that the outside thread releases before the inside (plunger) thread?
All of the plungers were hard stuck within the body.

Are they O rings or quad rings?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. The lock nuts DO hold, you just unscrewed the main body too far. When this happens all you have to do is screw the main body back in and then pull the complete assbly
2. I have NEVER had the specs on what you need. Even HWH manuals do not have that. You will need to e mail HWH and ask them what the procedure is.
3. You NEVER have to remove the solenoids for any testing. You can test with them in place. They either open and close or they don't when you supply 12 volts to them.
4. The other reason you NEVER pull those solenoids is--you have probably destroyed the O rings. They usually get small cuts when you remove a solenoid. Not a problem because the only reason you pull a solenoid is to replace it when it is defective and the new ones come with o rings.
5. When you talk to HWH make sure you order a new set of O rings for all 4 valves. Doug