Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Norcold Fridge Door Falling Off "fix"

I have tried searching here for how to remove your Norcold Refrigerator door in order to add a metal bracket at the bottom hinge, in order for the door not to fall off.There is a plastic piece that goes over the top hinge, that contains the electroni...

Whats the current best VENT FAN?

Tell me there is some unknown company who makes decent quality fans!?!? My buddy has a fantastic fan that is 1 year old and hes having to modify it just to work again. After the 1st motor died. I see the maxxair lineup. The price makes me want to bui...

wopachop by Explorer
  • 79 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold N821 not cooling

My unit (Norcold N 821) is original equipment (2002) and we spend 5-6 months a year in our 5th wheel. With coldest setting we are seeing temps in low 40's. Doesn't matter if it is on gas or electric. I have bypassed the control board and wired the el...

120v Feedback from Appliance to Inverter?

Wondering if the PSW inverter can "see" what is plugged into it. Never mind between inductive and resistive--I mean between different resistive appliances. Does each appliance have its own feedback to the inverter in some way(s) so that the inverte...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Which direction can Honda EU2200i be tipped?

I just purchased a Honda EU2200i that will travel with me in my NL TC. It will be stored in the genset box when traveling. In order to fit through the door, I will have to tip it a bit. I know the grnerator can be tipped to drain the oil, but I'm w...

bkenobi by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Making Tour Own Clevis Pins

youTube videoTakes a drill press, vise, hacksaw and a T tap tool. Rough emery strip and your drills.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ou-nyVd5hwWatch the video then comment.There is no easier way to assemble a rack and disassemble than using clevis pi...

Running Dual Black Tanks.....

HowdyI'm designing a compact travel trailer which is focused on extended dry camping and crossing the USA.I'm liking the layout that I have but due to small size I've got the combo shower/toilet in the front of the trailer. This is fine except for I...

Why Butyl vs Caulk under roof vent flange?

What is the primary advantage of butyl tape vs just using Dicor or similar caulk (not silicone) under roof vents, windows, trim etc? That bubble gum seems to never stop oozing. I'm not taking things apart every few years unless something is wrong. If...

H20ENG by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Help me with AC issue

I’m hoping someone can help lead me in the right direction. Last weekend we are at the same campground we are this weekend and her air-conditioner worked fine. We pulled in today around 230 with temperatures in the upper 80s. After hooking everything...

mrad by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Re-enforcing water damaged plywood?

Late last year a seal by the antenna in a 1992 18' Scout Nomad allowed some water to come in on the front right corner of the trailer. The plywood in the wall feels like it might have absorbed some water and dried out. I noticed it due to a small amo...

treii28 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide awning lock

Hi,Wondering if anyone else has the type of slide awning lock I have (see picture). It worked great until a truck wash did something to it. Now it doesn’t stay in either the locked or unlocked position as it used to. There must have been a spring t...

jstiehr by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes