cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oil change service??? Mercedes-Benz sprinter.

JayNewbieRV
Explorer III
Explorer III

Just bought my first used RV 2007 and I need to get it serviced before I go out on the road. 
It’s a 2007 Winnebago 23J with a  2006 Mercedes Benz sprinter engine; 3500 turbo diesel, 5 speed. 

If I take it to the local reputable auto store, it will cost me around $150 to get a full service oil change/check fluids
If I take it to the Mercedes-Benz auto Mechanic repair shop, the cost for a full service oil service is $850 

For those of you out there that have the Mercedes-Benz engines, does it make a difference where I get it serviced???

Any recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated and thank you🙏

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

I'd say you could take it anywhere with the caveats that they can handle a rig that size and they know what they are doing. Mercedes are a little finicky in that the parts used aren't like most standard parts. Weird filters, requires a specific oil etc. It's not rocket science, just different. The parts are also more expensive. It's no secret that Mercedes builds their vehicles to make it more challenging for a shade tree mechanic to perform maintenance and that a dealership is exponentially more expensive.  Just call ahead to any shop you like and ask them if they have experience doing maintenance on your model. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

I'd say you could take it anywhere with the caveats that they can handle a rig that size and they know what they are doing. Mercedes are a little finicky in that the parts used aren't like most standard parts. Weird filters, requires a specific oil etc. It's not rocket science, just different. The parts are also more expensive. It's no secret that Mercedes builds their vehicles to make it more challenging for a shade tree mechanic to perform maintenance and that a dealership is exponentially more expensive.  Just call ahead to any shop you like and ask them if they have experience doing maintenance on your model. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Thank you!!!🙏