cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Indoor/outdoor sw wire problem

Mazeppabob
Explorer
Explorer
I have a keystone 3912 Raptor. Last year had a light sw replaced in the control panel. Then sometime later noticed that no sound from either in or out speakers. They are turned on and off by two switches on same control panel. After looking at everything for hours I finally found a wire dangling not conected in the control panel and the other end is jumpered to the two speaker switches. I can not tell where to connect the other end.
It has a sony MEX-DV-2200 receiver/cd/dvd deck, a sony XM-4S amp and an explode sub.
Behind the main control panel with the two switches there is a small CKT board maybe 1 1/2 X 3 inches.It has three tiny modules on it. It apears to have all the speaker wires running to one end of it. Coming out the other end is I think a ground wire plus two more wires. One going to the outdoor sw and the other wire to the indoor sw. The oposite pole of both switches are jumped together with that mystery wire going to I don't know where. The end of the wire is stripped back like it was to a wire nut or connector of some sort,
Anyone have an idea where this wire could go. Since the CKT board has a ground wire, could this wire go to 12v? Kind of afraid to touch it to 12v, don't want to burn something out.
1 REPLY 1

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Pictures or a diagram would help. The signal to the speakers needs two phases, a (+) phase and (-) phase. The signal is AC. You could put a meter on the bare wire and test. Also test the individual speaker wires to see if voltage is present.

The pinout is in these instructions
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton