cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Installing inverter

Lon-Str
Explorer
Explorer
Considering installing either an Aims 600 w or Go Power 300w in my 5/w. It will be hooked up only to my TV & Sat. receiver, independent of anything else. Is it possible to run my Honda gens. without turning off the inverter. There is a reason for wanting to run both at the same time. Thanks.
19 REPLIES 19

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Lon-Str wrote:
The only connection between the gens and the inverter will be that the batteries will be being charged through the trailer inverter while the gens are running. Does that make sense or am I just making it more complicated?

Do you mean "trailer converter"? Converters produce 12-14vdc from 120vac. Inverters do the opposite.

If you mean converter, it won't be a problem.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

Lon-Str
Explorer
Explorer
The only connection between the gens and the inverter will be that the batteries will be being charged through the trailer inverter while the gens are running. Does that make sense or am I just making it more complicated?

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
I found this post in another thread. Not much info there.

Link

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
If your TV and Sat. receiver are not connected to the 120v ac power, there will be no conflict between the inverter and the generator.

If both the inverter and the generator will be connected together at the TV or Sat. receiver, or anywhere else, you will have a problem.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
"It will be hooked up only to my TV & Sat. receiver, independent of anything else"

Interpreted, this means your TV and satellite are going to be fed via a cord set direct from generator to the TV and satellite?