cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Inteli-power PD 9260c ?smart charger

jy
Explorer
Explorer
A friend of mine recently bought a mh with an inteli-power pd 9260c convertor.She wants to leave it pluged in all winter.Is it considered a smart charger?
2016 wildwood bunkhouse,2018 f150 5.0.Camping with the grandkids now.
6 REPLIES 6

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
jy wrote:
A friend of mine recently bought a mh with an inteli-power pd 9260c convertor.She wants to leave it pluged in all winter.Is it considered a smart charger?

One of the very best in fact.. I have a 9180 plus charge wizard (Equivlent slightly larger)

Chargers come in several flavors

DUMB Single stage (Parallex 7300) some (Magnetek 6300) have very poor regulation

2 stage (Parallex 7300T) slightly better and the MINIMUM converter quality far as I am concerned

3-Stage (Far too many to list) these are the best

3-Stage PLUS The 9200 line is in this band, The "Plus" is an automatic "Equalization" where it overcharges for like fifteen minutes every 20 hours when it is idelilng. (Float mode) This stirs up the electrolytic in the batteires.

Now I mentioned about the worst converter made (Magnetek 6300) this one would often overcharge (once it finally got em full) and boil batteries dry in as little as 2-4 weeks.

With my 9180 + WIzard, my Interstate U-2200's for the first few years, needed watering once a year. (Actually 13 months) THat is one GOOD charger.. The 9200 is identical in function to the 9100 with wizard installed. (The difference is the 9200 has the wizard built in, on the 9100 it is a plug in option)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

doughere
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 9260 which I used to leave powered 24/7 when at home. It always kept the batteries (2 GC's) charged, never dried them out (a gallon of distilled water lasts me years). Only ceased to do this when I mounted solar panels so I no longer needed to keep powered up.

If you don't have the pendant, I would suggest you get it just so you can tell what's happening.

Doug

jy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for the info.
2016 wildwood bunkhouse,2018 f150 5.0.Camping with the grandkids now.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Yes it is. Get the manual HERE.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, it's a good "smart" 3 stage charger and works well to keep battery's happy during the off season.

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
The PDs are perdy smart. I know mine stays plugged in year round, and the batteries seldom need water, and batteries last an easy 8+ yrs. PDs also do the hi voltage thing every now and then.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.