cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just a couple improvements - a rating

oldtrojan66
Explorer
Explorer
i just wanted to take a minute to rate a couple products I just installed (well, mostly installed). Number one is the JT Strongarm stabilization kit for fifth wheel. I say mostly because there is a small issue with a brace on my rear, telescoping stabilizer that came stock on the unit. I called the tech line two times. Once for a question on the placement of a mounting bracket that was not covered to my understanding, in the instructions.

The second call was about the conflict with the brace on the rear install. All the folks I spoke with, Scott, Dave, etc were very professional and helpful. Gave me satisfactory answers quickly and with minimum dancing around. Top quality phone service. There was a kit required for the rear install, and Dave took my info and obviously sent the part out quickly, since it is being delivered today, just a weekend and a couple days from ordering.

As for the product, itself, the improvement in stability is nothing short of amazing! Even with only the front bars installed, movement was practically eliminated. I would indeed recommend this product to anyone wanting less movement from their fifth wheel or TT.

Second product is the Winegard Pathway X2 antenna for Dish. I checked out several on line and the price was all over the place. Even the same model varied widely. Look for a bargain and buy the package with the receiver included, is my recommendation. Of course, if you already have the appropriate receiver, then don't. Set up was straightforward and the instructions, plain. I spent a bit in the phone with a nice Philipino young lady, getting the activation established. There was initially an issue with the internal wiring on the fiver for the SAT co-ax cable, but less of a problem, later. Once I eliminated the extra connection, things progressed very smoothly.

I have since unhooked the antenna several times, to put it out of sight from thieves. Each time I hooked it up again, there was a small delay getting the signal back, but nothing out of line. Again, I highly recommend this product. We spent a week in a "holler" in Missouri with only 1 radio station for outside company,and the DW said "Never again!" Access to the southern sky and 120VAC are the only requirements.

I will also rate there products on their sites, but I wanted my fellow RVers to hear about them first. Happy camping!
2007 Jayco Designer 36RLTS
2006 F350 DRW 6.0 PSD (powerstrokehelp.com)
When you're born, everyone is smiling and you're crying. Live so that when you die everyone else is crying and you're smiling!
0 REPLIES 0