cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ladder

botts12
Explorer
Explorer
We have two screws out of the hold off brackets on our back ladder. Does anyone know how to replace those since we see no way to get to the nut part that these screws go into. I guess they fell down into the hold off bracket.
2 REPLIES 2

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Two answers, depending on which screws are out

Now, on the stand off there is a screw that goes through the ladder into the standoff.. The nut inside the standoff is captive, you simply replace the bolt (it's a bolt not a screw even if it has a screw head)

If it's the bolt on the other end Remove the screw from the ladder, remove the bracket from the RV, replace the bolt (you may have to do some work here) and then remount the stand off and then replace the bolt in the ladder.,

Again the nut is captive, it did not go anywhere.,
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
I hope I understand your problem. The screws that screw directly thru the vertical uprights to the horizontal short tube that connects to the rear of the RV.
Normally, there is a press in winged nut that will go into the horizontal tube in one direction but cannot be pulled back out. You may have accidentally pushed that nut affair deeper into the tube so that the existing 1/4 x 20 screw (bolt) can't reach it. I'd suggest getting a longer screw and see if that will reach the existing bolt. The new screw can't be too long (unless it hits the back of the RV ๐Ÿ™‚ ) It will pass through the nut that is lodged in the horizontal tube.
The inner parts (the nut) is available at larger RV supplies or on the internet. Try Walts RV in Rialto CA as a starting point.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox