Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Unknow Electrical connection type.

I have a 2008 Keystone Outback with a rear bed manual pull out. On the right side is an electrical connection to plug in for the done light over the bed. I am missing one half of the connection and can’t seem to find what the connection is called o...

Sab81 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

TST, TPMS with internal sensors

I'm ready to stop taking chances with a blow out and get a TST pressure monitoring system for my trailer tires. Then I came across the internal sensor type set up. Anyone used one of these? Seems pretty legit and straight forward. No doubt if the...

Lesson learned lol

Well I pulled the rod out of the hot water heater the end of last season to drain the hot water tank. Seems I should have put back in after it was empty. I just tried to scare it back in and it is so corroded I can’t get the threads to start. I write...

Powermax 75 amp converter/charger

I am charging a pair of Trojan T-105 batteries, they were drawn down to 12.38 or 6.19 per battery which should be about a 30 percent discharge. The powermax is only putting out about 13 amps @ 14.68 volts, does this sound right for a 75 amp charger?h...

S_Davis by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Water heater problem

Got brand new Winnebago toy hauler 3 weeks ago and the water heater don’t work.It’s a dometic 10 gal electric an LP. I live 200 miles from dealer so a tech called me and we decided it was the circuit board. Got the new board in mail and put it on i...

bcew99 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shower clog or something else?

I have an interesting problem that I have never seen before. During our last outing, I noticed there was standing water in the shower drain after the first shower was taken in the rig. I found it hard to believe that the grey water tank needed dumpin...

BeeDub by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Brake controller cabling for RPod 179

Hello! New member here. I'm trying to outfit my Honda Odyssey to tow an RPod (under 3,500 lbs). I appreciate assistance on my electrical installation question. For the 7-pin connector, there's supposed to be a cable (black, I think?) that needs to be...

kaka1 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

ELECTRIC BRAKE ?

My trailer, listed below, has developed weak brakes. It will barely show when I depress the over ride on the Prodigy 2 brake controller which is set at 6.3. That seems to be as high as it goes. I tightened all four drum brakes via adjuster in back...

Oasisbob by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Fridge/Propane

My Dometic refrigerator when on propane ( Auto ) kicks on and shuts off in a few minutes, propane tank was just filled, shows full . Manual trouble shooting said shut fridge on and off a few times might have air in lines, that didnt work any ideas ??...

Lexg34 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Residential Style Central Air - NOT Roof Air Question

We have a 2006 Winnebago Journey Class A Diesel Pusher. Our air conditioning unit is not on the roof. It's what Winnebago refers to as a Residential Style Heat/Air Conditioning unit.We've recently had issues with the air conditioner not working. W...

Journey1 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Large camper with single AC

Got parked in a no-shade side for the 4th. 37' TT with one central AC. Just couldn't keep up in the 90+ heat cooking all day. Should have taken up the offer to install the 2nd unit when we bought it. In my defense, site is only 30AMP so probably cou...

Hemling by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold refrigerator problem

problem:fridge will not turn back on once it reaches desired temp and turns off. Have replaced board, eyebrow, thermistor and checked all power sources. I'm stumped! Any suggestions?

Off air antenna

Hello All,I am very comfortable with technology but not overly familiar with the powered TV antennas that come on campers. Our trailer has the "flying saucer" type antenna. Tried it a few times with the amp turned on and got no reception. I just s...

kfp673 by Explorer II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold N300 won't stay lit

Hey all, new member, nice to meet you.Norcold N300.3 will ignite on LP but shut down after 10-15 minutes. Any attempt afterward will shut down faster (Or immediately). What I've done:Cleaned the burner and chimney thoroughly, LP connections are tight...