cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LCI leveling system problem

Bandaid
Explorer
Explorer
Last summer, just after hooking up to go camping, I retracted the front legs of my fifth wheel using the "Auto Retract All" mode of my LCI system. However, the left front leg came to a hard stop at the top of it's travel, breaking the teeth off one of the bevel gears and jamming the jack screw to the nut in the top of the leg.
My RV manufacturer replaced the leg for free and it worked for three times. However, first trip out this year, two weeks ago, the same thing happens. The leg retracts too hard and I am pretty sure has broken a tooth off the bevel gear in the top of the leg.
Fortunately this time, the screw did not jam so hard that I was able to use the manual mode to extend and retract the leg. However, now I have another leg to repair.

Here's my questions. Why is only the left leg retracting so hard? What is the remedy for this? LCI says I have to do a Zero recalculation, but to me it seems more like it should be a sensor problem.

Bandaid
2 REPLIES 2

Bandaid
Explorer
Explorer
That seems to make some sense out of the rep at LCI telling me to do a zero recalibration. It just seems strange though that if the four legs are at different extension lengths and the trailer is level, it would reset the sensors for level. However, when the auto retract is used after hooking the trailer to the truck, why would resetting the zero level have an affect on how the legs stop at the top of the retraction?

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
If I recall the manual the Zero recalculation resets the sensors. 3.0 manual

http://www.lci1.com/ground-control-3.0/support-ground-control-3.0-onecontrol-touch-panel
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold