cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lightweight 115vac, 1-2 gal, 100+ PSI air compressor

adVentureMan
Explorer
Explorer
I have had it with those 12vdc compressors for RV use. I borrowed a neighbor's Husky brand, 1.5 gal, 135 psi air compressor the other day. He said he got it at Home Depot. Wow! I was impressed. However, tried to find that model online in vain.

What are folks using to top off their truck and trailer tires? I'm talking about adding maybe 3-10 lbs up to about 100 psi.

Specific models are nice if you know them.

Thanks a bunch and Merry Christmas to ya'll.
Doug and Kathy
2008 Chevy 2500HD extended cab Duramax/Allison 4WD
2013 Cougar 327RES
"Nuestra casa con buena vistas"

Need RV Checklists?
19 REPLIES 19

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use a Craftsman (Sears) I think it is a 4 Gallon pancake style but the model I hae is no longer in the catalog,, They have a very good one that took its place though, I like the new style somewhat better. (Sleeker design).

I got this think in 2006 (like January) and as of 2 weeks ago it still worked fine (last time I used it.... Forget what I was using it for (not inflation of tires,,, More likely dusting something off or out... Just know I was on the service side of the coach OH, now I recall, Blowing the crud out of some hardware I use).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

jauguston
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty hard to beat the small 150 psi one from Sears for $99.00.
2005 Coachman Sportscoach Elite 402 40'
350hp Cat C-7 w/MP-8
7500w Onan quiet diesel generator
6-Kyocera 130w solar panels SB3024i MPPT controller
Pressure Pro TPMS
1987 Suzuki Samurai tintop Toad w/VW 1.6 turbo diesel power

posid123
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 130PSI Makita MAC700 air compressor, it is only 59.6 pounds heavy, very

quiet and portable, I often use it for car tyre, very convenient.

adVentureMan
Explorer
Explorer
dockmasterdave wrote:
Lowes has a senco. I use it for installing cabinets all the time. Very lightweight, extremely quiet and I've had it for years. Wouldn't buy anything else. Around $125. Travels with us on every trip.

If it's THIS SENCO MODEL it looks nearly identical to a Husky model (forget which model, but price was $129 in the store). So I suspect they would be equal performers. Thanks.
Doug and Kathy
2013 Cougar 327RES

Need RV Checklists?

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
I went with this one from Lowes. Slightly larger but gives 135 PSI rapidly. Only $119. Also stands in one of my storage bins with space left over.

Dewalt

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
Lowes has a senco. I use it for installing cabinets all the time. Very lightweight, extremely quiet and I've had it for years. Wouldn't buy anything else. Around $125. Travels with us on every trip.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

westend
Explorer
Explorer
If you want a good compressor, buy this Hitachi. I've found them on sale for $150 or so. I have one that has been in daily use for over 10 years. It is an oil bath style so you might want a quick-connect filter if you are running it long term into your water supply lines.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

rockylarson
Explorer
Explorer
I got mine at Home Depot. Looks just like this one:

Air compressor.

Mine is a yellow DeWalt and is twice the $.
Jan and Rocky
Volunteers for USFWS. 29 refuges with 9300 hrs ea since 2006. 2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
adVentureMan wrote:
what's "HD"?
The Home Depot.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

adVentureMan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. Sounds like one of these ought to work for me, now I just have to find one. I'll try Home Depot and perhaps Lowe's this weekend. Maybe Sears if I can find one.

Thanks again.
Doug and Kathy
2013 Cougar 327RES

Need RV Checklists?

adVentureMan
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
I bought this one: Porter-Cable and am very happy with it so far. It's not nearly as loud as some of the oilless compressors out there which I like a lot. It builds pressure very quickly and will add air to my 110 psi tires with no issues.

That seems to be similar to the one I saw. I'll take a closer look at it. Price is good too.
Doug and Kathy
2013 Cougar 327RES

Need RV Checklists?

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
12 volt compressors do have their place and are small.

adVentureMan
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Very quiet. The HD ones are really loud.

My compressor.

What's "HD"?
Doug and Kathy
2013 Cougar 327RES

Need RV Checklists?

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree the tankless type air compressors are something slow to air up but they do work. In my case I am usually off the power grid and want to use the 12VDC tankless type air compressor.

This 12VDC tankless air compressor also serves me well for blowing out my water lines when I end up in a below ZERO camping spot... Being tankless the pressure is slow to build up and this gives me plenty of time to walk around the inside spigots and open up to blow out the water lines.

This setup works great for my situation...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS