cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

locking up a progressive ems pt30c

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Did a search but did not find an answer. I know you can't stop a determined thief, but, I looking for a good, simple, hopefully inexpensive way to put a lock / cable / etc. on my new ems pt30c. Any creative ideas?
18 REPLIES 18

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
A little late now, but that was why I went with the built-in HW30C.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't use one yet for my off-road POPUP setup... I probably should be using one with all the additional radio electroics I have inside my OFF-ROAD POPUP setup....

Here is another forum post on same subject:
LOCKING EMS PT30C

Since your shore power cable has to plug into this unit you are required to install this on the camp ground pedestal... Not sure how I would add some sort of security/thief protection on the camp ground pedestal. I bet they would not want your to drill and add something to their outside pedestal. Maybe I am missing something here...

I would probably re-wire between the shore power cable connection and the on-board 120VAC Distribution Panel and add connection there for the EMS unit. This would at least keep it all inside the locked up trailer.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Fairly easy fix:

This plus this will provide a minimum level of security. The anchor basically Superglues on, and you use the cable to wrap around a fixed object. Ideally, use an extension cord between the pedestal and the EMS, so you can tuck the EMS underneath the vehicle. Out of sight, out of mind.

This won't stop a determined thief, because they will snip the lock off with bolt cutters, or force the anchor off, taking a chunk of the Progressive case with it. However, it will stop the skulkers from making a "ground score".

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mount it INSIDE the RV.. That is the best Idea I can come up with. Outta Sight, Outta mind.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times