cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mexicowander's new toy

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
I'll have to let him explain what the heck it does, features, ratings, amps, Volts, etc. Probably BORG power supply related is my guess.

38 REPLIES 38

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Oh man, I also need to change the coolant in the axles. It's so hard to get that stuff in there.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget to add the VX-6 to the battery cells!

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Grumpy374 wrote:
In truth, if you use mineral spirits it becomes a completly different formula that was used in muffler bearings and bushings, found in early exotic sports cars like the English Ford Cortina, Honda 600's, and early Honda 50 Mopeds.

Oh man... Thanks for reminding me! I need to grease the muffler bearings on my trailer before winter...
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The BORG now be GHETTO? Har har har!

The BORG works!

And doesn't have an outside alarm bell on it's side the size of a trampoline.

My freakin' income is about HALF that of a screeching and cursing ghetto resident. Instead of shooting up, bouncing my eardrums against each other with BOOM BOOM THUD THUD ROAR ROAR favorites like

"Get Out The Road Betch - Get Out The Road Betch"

I build LED lamps and battery chargers.

Sorry, my sympathy machine seems to be "out deh ohrder".

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
Pffft... the only people who get points for googling are those over 85.

That artist was so ghetto fabulous / obscure, I forgot already whats his face's name was. Not even Trivial Pursuit worthy.

Does reading poetry into a microphone qualify you as a recording artist? Things that make you go "Hmmmm?"

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Pffft... the only people who get points for googling are those over 85.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
NinerBikes wrote:
Naio wrote:
Dot dot dit dit dot dot dash. It's the ghetto code.

(Bonus points for anyone who gets this reference :))
Gill Scott Heron. Google is your friend. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Dude, you get points for GOOGLING!

Fixed it for ya.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
NinerBikes wrote:
Naio wrote:

Dude, you don't get points for GOOGLING!
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:

Naio
Explorer
Explorer

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Does that mean at temperatures of 40F or less, the blinkers may go

Dot Dot Dot Dash Dash Dash Dot Dot Dot?

YIKES!

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
Heh, it DOES look like a rooster head! Never heard them called that, but I, too, love those old fashioned tailfinny knobs. Bakelite, are they?

Edit: I shoulda read the previous page before posting. Now I gotta go top off my blinker reservoir. Do you think canola oil will work? If I go out to to NorCal I could probably get some hemp oil... that would be thicker.

Canola oil is much to thin. Instead of your blinkers going blink-blink-blink, using a thinner oil will cause them to operate as blinkblink-blink, blinkblink-blink. Or, worse yet, may operate as blink-blinkblink, blink-blinkblink.
You can just imagine the problems it causes for the person following you. All he see's is blinkety-blinkety-blinkety, and has no idea what your intensions are.
Grumpy

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Told Jya Niner, I go walking down "Restaurant Row" in gringolandia down here and all the Blue hair restaurantettes tackle me to come inside and sample their new dishes. Brenda stumbles, tears streaming down her cheeks hanging on to Jesรบs. The girls show up and rescue me. Like Hobbes the Tiger, I likes huggzies and kissies. Little Dalia used to put her hands on her hips and tell the ladies "This is my grandpa" Then she would place a menacing frown on her face.

There's a lot of er ah -stuff- jammed inside that retired SOLA box now. Like a neglected housewife who decides to rearrange the living room furniture during the Superbowl, I have stripped the Shottky rectifier and hear sink, the shunt, and terminal block and making more room. The front and rear panels remain the same. The electroswitch and two vernier count Bourns pots go on top. The 6-hour timer switch also stays on the rear. The two post stainless steel handle goes on top primarily to protect the chicken head and vernier dials. Going to wire the useless volt gauge as a differential gauge between the two outputs before power passes through the Shottky rectifiers. More N one way to get a cat buck naked.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Lucas brings new meaning to the words 'light my fire'.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.