cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need a new Awning...where to buy?

blueorrfan
Explorer
Explorer
Had a mishap on the weekend and now have 2 rips in my 2 year old awning. It's not worth fixing and needs to be replaced. The awning is made by Solera. I live in Canada but am willing to buy anywhere.
I know the standard answer is the dealership, but I'm trying to save my friend some money and know they will be crazy expensive.
Any suggestions?
8 REPLIES 8

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
I did most of it by myself until I got to putting the spline in. You need extra hands to work the wrinkles out. A warm day helps. The extra hands to put it into the top side of the unit.

Take your time and mark the edges to keep it centered. Do your homework and check out all the U-tubes you can find. BE CAREFUL the torsion spring will get you if you don't.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
blueorrfan wrote:
Did you find the fabric to be good quality from this company?
Did you install it yourself?

I just got ours earlier this week. I received it around 36 hours after ordering so it was amazingly fast shipping.

I opened it up, spread it out and inspected it. It is different than the original in construction but I think it will do fine. For half the cost of anywhere else I will risk the possibility of it being a little lower quality.

I will install it in another week when I can get my boys to come over and help me.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

blueorrfan
Explorer
Explorer
Did you find the fabric to be good quality from this company?
Did you install it yourself?

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Peg Leg wrote:
I got one here last year. You have to work the spline for the flap into the groove. I suggest at least one extra set of hands if possible two.

I got replacement fabric from the same company but at a lower price on eBay;
http://stores.ebay.com/RvAwningsMart?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We had a mishap with ours and it was replaced by our insurance.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Had good luck (and price) in the past with a Moble RV guy that came to you (me).

Check for local ads - like Craigsist.

~

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
I got one here last year. You have to work the spline for the flap into the groove. I suggest at least one extra set of hands if possible two.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
With a little effort you can replace the fabric for about 1/2 the price of a new awning. Camping World carries a good selection.You Tube has some good instructional videos.