cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need help with Wedgewood oven problem

cowboy_gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Wedgewood model 2131. My problem is, that the oven burner will not light. Pilot lights with no problem. Once you set the temp. on the oven, the pilot kicks up as it is supposed to, but the burner does not light. The unit is a 2002 model, but the oven has not been used much. Anyone ever had this problem? Thanks in advance for any assistance you may have.
4 REPLIES 4

cowboy_gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help guys. That did the trick!

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
You can leave the pilot on overnight and it won't help. It is the secondary pilot that comes on when the temperature knob is turned up to at least to 350 degrees that puts the heat to activate the thermocouple bulb and then it can take up to 30 or 40 seconds for the burner to light after that. If it doesn't light then you might have to adjust the bulb to make sure that the flame is impinging on the bulb. The bulb might also have something on it that needs to be wiped clean and then try again. Give it a chance to light, even up to a minute.
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD

cowboy_gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks wasatchmtnatur. Will give the gas match a try in the morning. Have left the pilot on for 10 min.,so I know it had enough time.

wasatchmtnatvr
Explorer
Explorer
does the enlarged pilot flame hit the mercury sensor bulb in pilot bracker, It will take up to 45 seconds or so to activate main burner. You can use a gas match to assist in heating up the bulb and see if that helps.
Coleman folding trailer
GMC conversion van
Haulmark Harley Hauler enclosed trlr.(No Harley)
Honda Rubicon atv