cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Camper "cub" Manual controll Brisk Air

DaveWyecomber
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought 2010 cub with pop outs loaded clean ext. everything works but the A/c. it gas manual controls for air and fan. Nothing turns on. fan compressor heat pump nothing I've replaced the breaker and yes breaker has power. I took roof top lid off fan spins free and capacitor looks new. my question is were do I start? whats common to fail on these to cause nothing to work. There is a manual controll thermostate on wall are these connected or is roof top unit self contained? any direction to at least getting fans to run to move air would be appreciated hope I posted in correct forum thanks Dave. I can post pics if needed inside it says duo therm Brisk Air has 2 knows one for fan ac heat opt. other cold to cooler.
8 REPLIES 8

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
DaveWyecomber wrote:
got er fixed thanks guys. found ground wire melted at control panel loose connection all good now thank you.

Glad you got it fixed. BUT, A Open or melted GROUND wire will NOT stop the current to the AC and from running. Doug

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok, When someone says "Manual" I assume ceiling controls directly on the A/C but if you mean the fan switch on the wall thermostat.

You start at the furnace.

Now there are basically 3 types of thermostats.. Very old mechanical T-Stats. they have NO electronics just a bi-metal spring or two and some kind of contacts I actually use that type here in my rig for the furnace.

Second is a powered T-Stat. it draws 12 volts from the FURNACE so if the house battery is dead or converter not working . if the breaker is tripped on the furnace. NO JOY.

Third has an internal battery. it may or may not be rechargable (from the furnace)

So check for a battery in the T-Stat if rechargable check for 12 volts on one of the Furnace leads. (just one will have power)
If the battery is not a rechargable. Try a new one
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
DaveWyecomber wrote:
nope it's an 20 ft cub with pop outs on each end. there is a yellow cord going into the controll box under the pop out cover but it runs in ceiling in direction of fridge and like I said I have 110v at breaker in panel for ac. will this unit be powered direct from breaker panel or wil it plug in somewere? story from previous owner was it worked last year but not this year. I just find it funny how no fan nothing works. thanks Dave. can I post pics

It's called a Hybrid TT. Blend of regular TT with bed ends like a popup. There's a Hybrid forum here that you may want to check out.
The "popouts" are called bunk ends.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

DaveWyecomber
Explorer
Explorer
got er fixed thanks guys. found ground wire melted at control panel loose connection all good now thank you.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Since you have a Solid wall and ceiling the 120 wire is indeed in the roof. What you need to do is remove the Inside Ceiling AC cover and check your voltage where the 120 feed Romex connects to the AC. Unless the previous owner modified something, the Romex runs direct from the roof AC to the 20 amp breaker in the breaker box. I would suspect that a loose wire nut connection where the romex connects at the roof AC is loose or burnt. This is a common problem when the OEM's fail to get the wire nuts tight. I would also call the previous owner and ask about any extra plug ins and see if he says there is. You did verify that the White and Black wires at the 120 breaker box, there are NO burnt connections? Doug

PS pics would help

DaveWyecomber
Explorer
Explorer
nope it's an 20 ft cub with pop outs on each end. there is a yellow cord going into the controll box under the pop out cover but it runs in ceiling in direction of fridge and like I said I have 110v at breaker in panel for ac. will this unit be powered direct from breaker panel or wil it plug in somewere? story from previous owner was it worked last year but not this year. I just find it funny how no fan nothing works. thanks Dave. can I post pics

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If you are talking a TENT CAMPER. The roof AC usually has a long(8 to 12 feet) 120 cord with a 3 prong 120 male end and you plug it into the correct mounted AC 120 receptacle in the RV at the floor mounted cabinets. The reason there is a "extension" cord for the roof AC is because there is no way to route the 120 power up to the roof and still allow the Tent Camper to raise up and down. FIND that power cord and the end is usually near the dedicated 20 amp receptacle. The cord is NOT run inside the roof. You should see a plastic wire cover going from the drivers side of the inside AC control box to the roof cap sidewall and the 120 cord will then be inside a fabric cover with velcro. Doug

PS the wall mounted tstat is for the furnace

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
if your gas manual controll thermostate says cool or air than I guess their would prob. be somehing wrong there. That would be were i,d start.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman