cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NEW SUBURBAN OVEN MYSTERY?

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
On May 15 2017 I took delivery of a Suburban oven/stove combo Moedl #5206A. It is a new unit purchased on Amazon . It was delivered in a box with no packing material or owners manual. It appeared new as it had covers on all stove burners and LP connection. Anyway I went to use it and the oven heated up fine. Then reached temp and polit & burner shut down every time I try it. Any suggestions? I am perplexed.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)
7 REPLIES 7

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I cleaned out the pilot orphas with carb cleaner and wire. Seems to work better though pilot flickers when main burner is on. I have noticed main burner goes low when reaching set heat. Is it suppose to do this? I found I do have a two year factory warranty and can take it in. Not sure if I should. Is the pilot suppose to burp and flutter at times?
Oasis Bob
2018 Ford Explorer

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
So the "thermacouple" is the tube just to one side of the pilor orphas? I bent to where it almost touch's the pilot light. Symptoms are the same. I notice the pilot flame seems to flicker while the burner is on. I did buy this unit new or so I was told. However, no owners or warranty info was provided. Does anyone knnow if I take it to a Suburban dealer would this be covered under warranty? I am perplexed.
Oasis Bob
2018 Ford Explorer

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
...good info above and you should be able to download all the documentation from Atwood, or see if you can track down Chris Bryant on the forum. He's an RV tech.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I will look at this soon as I can. My pilot light goes out at the same time. Same diagnosis? Thanks
Oasis Bob
2018 Ford Explorer

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
There are some great video's on Youtube regarding appliances and TC location but basically, it needs to be down in the dark part of the blue flame. Maybe a 1/4" to 3/8" or so from the burner. The end should glow bright red.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
How do I make sure the thermacouple is where it should be for enough heat? Really not sure what I am looking for? I did notice the pilot flutters on and off as burner burns steady. Then when it reach's set temp it all goes out.
Oasis Bob
2018 Ford Explorer

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Check position of flame sensor/thermocouple. Make sure it's in the flame.