cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold Fridge Model N305R not cooling bottom

mtnman1989
Explorer
Explorer
My 2017 Norcold Fridge Model N305R is not cooling the bottom of the fridge. The freezer is below zero but the bottom of fridge is not getting cold. Same on Electric or LP gas. I have a thermostor that is factor set and not removable. I think I might could pry it loose though. The fridge has worked fine until this past week. Are there any recommendations on how to fix the problem?
16 REPLIES 16

mtnman1989
Explorer
Explorer
more info.

It's in a 2017 Starcraft TT. Upper and lower outside vents. NO fan and does not require any 12 volt DC at all. The fridge worked well in Jan, Feb, May & June trips. It will drop the fridge about 10 degrees at night and freezes everything fine in the freezer. My research shows a lot of these Norcold Fridge Model N305R not cooling the bottom of the fridge but nobody says what the fix was. A lot of posting about the thermistor but nothing useful? I am pretty sure its the thermistor. Like I said earlier, my thermistor is preset and attached to the 5th fin from the right. Where is the other end of that thermistor attached?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Need more info. Is this in a Tent Camper? What type RV is it in? Does it have 2 outside exterior wall vents upper and lower? Does it have a rear ventilation fan? You do know the refer HAS to be level for operation, except when in transit? Doug

PS, 24 hours out of level can ruin the cooling unit. A Blocked cooling unit will still freeze the freezer.