cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oil evac pumps for generator oil changes?

ctilsie242
Explorer II
Explorer II
First of all, I'm lazy, and the generator sits on the ground, so I hate popping the cork and dealing with the mess. Will using this, with the tube shoved down the dipstick slot be a good way to remove the oil for an oil change? It seems to make life easy.

Anyone recommend this, or is this not a good idea for generator oil changes?
9 REPLIES 9

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Guess I don't understand the problem.

Does it sit on the ground ALL the time ? What about when you move the RV ??
If you can pick it up off the ground to move the trailer, why can't you get it on something a few inches off the ground to drain into a pan ????

P.S. It might actually be a good idea to NOT have it directly on the ground when in use too.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

JustLabs
Explorer
Explorer
ctilsie242 wrote:
First of all, I'm lazy, and the generator sits on the ground, so I hate popping the cork and dealing with the mess. Will using this, with the tube shoved down the dipstick slot be a good way to remove the oil for an oil change? It seems to make life easy.

Anyone recommend this, or is this not a good idea for generator oil changes?

I use something similar to change oil on my Yamaha. The pumps work great.
2011 Chevrolet 2500HD LTZ 4x4 CCLB Duramax/Allison
2007 Keystone Cougar 289BHS Fifth Wheel.

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
Lazy person don't need a RV
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

MrWizard
Supergen sells a " lazy man oil drain kit "
Similar to the Honda attachment
But the generator does need to be high enough above the ground to let the oil drain into a container
My Champion is on a sliding drawer I made for it

I think the oil vacuum or turkey battery is an excellent idea
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
I also use a Turkey baster for my Honda 2000 and my lawn mower. Also use a clean different turkey baster for topping up my hard to get at Battery. Note: these do not go back into the kitchen. "Honey why does the turkey taste greasy".

fairway2002
Explorer
Explorer
Marine industry use them a lot. What I did on one of my boats was drain oil then ran a hose from drain plug to a easer access point.

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
I use a turkey baster to change the oil on my Onan genny.
Full timing it since July 2012

ctilsie242
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very true. Since both my generators are 3000+ watts, and are relatively heavy, tilting them with something like that isn't really an option.

Those adapters are well built, and definitely quite useful for the eu2000 models.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
This works well for Honda 2ks.

"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman