cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Orange County Calif., Loses Another Large Storage Lot

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
Another one bites the dust. This makes over 2600 RV storage spaces lost in the last 5 years. How many have opened? Zero.

Article
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.
18 REPLIES 18

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
Yet another reason to leave CA.

WVcampground
Explorer
Explorer
If I owned a storage lot and could sell it for a huge windfall to be used for another purpose, I would in an instant. A ground level storage facility is typically a lousy use of land from a financial standpoint, more so in an area where land values are high.
"Now the Subaru with the โ€œcoexistโ€ sticker on the back doing 68 mph passing a semi thatโ€™s going 67mph in a 70 zone. Yeah Iโ€™ll slap the entitlement tag on them leaf lickers!" - Grit Dog - Warning, you may find the preceding offensive if you lick leaves.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
If there was excellent money in RV storage...
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
California doesn't want RVs or anything that burns gas (or diesel). It's going to be tough to get anyone outside of the RV world to care about the loss of storage spots. I'd be surprised if RVs are even legal in that state in 10 years.