cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Parking brake light and alarm comes on and cameras turn off

ilandgreen
Explorer
Explorer
On my last RV trip, a house battery cable broke and shorted out on the frame causing one of the battery posts to melt away. When it happened the parking brake light and alarm came on, I lost the cameras, when I pulled over the steps wouldn't extend. I was able to disconnect the battery and crawled my fat but back into the RV and was able to find a place to sell me a new battery and cable.

Since that happened, I replaced all the house batteries and cables, but the parking light and alarm still goes off while I am driving, the cameras stop functioning. when I stop the stairs don't extend, the slides or jacks don't function. I am unable to see the voltage of RV batteries or the tank levels.

However, I have found a work around, when the issue starts, I hit the AUX battery boost switch and hold it down while I am driving. after holding it down for a minute everything goes back to normal. If the Generator is on it doesn't seem to happen.

The voltage on the RV batteries seems to be fine. Any thought?
17 REPLIES 17

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Perhaps the house battery is not being charged while driving. The short could have blown fuses or the aux start solenoid etc.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Once we know what rig you have, more help.
Sounds without that info, you have blown a main battery fuse.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Please tell us what RV and what chassis you have.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/