Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Please help with prep for freezing weather

Mtrain
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

We're heading to Big Bear for Thanksgiving, low of 28 at night. Do we need to cover the hoses/sewer connections so they don't freeze? Any suggestions would be helpful as we haven't camped in cold weather like this before, thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

Mtrain
Explorer
Explorer
Perfect. Thanks for the advice. Happy Thanksgiving !

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
28? Just keep the propane burning and you will be fine.
Check for a low tank BEFORE the local supplier closes for the day.

cochise49
Explorer
Explorer
If 28 will be the low and it is only for two or three nights, just run your furnace as usual. Fill your Fresh Water tank during the day and run your water pump. Spent entire winter 2008/2009 in Reno with temps as low as 17 at night. 40-45 during the day. If the place you stay has full hook-ups available, it means there lines aren't freezing. In the really cold country, parks close during winter because of this.
Bev& Keith
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

You may have to protect the fridge as well. I'd suggest reading the winter camping thread under full time rving.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Mtrain
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 Fleetwood Jamboree Class c.
Thanks !

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
If you are going to do this often, they make a water hose with heat built into it. They are quite expensive, and have seen them sold at camp stores. need to have 110volt avail.
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"

CJW8
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of RV do you have? How old? It makes a difference.
2003 Forest River Sierra M-37SP Toy Hauler- Traded in
2015 Keystone Raptor 332TS 5th wheel toy Hauler (sold)
2004 Winnebago Vectra. 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't use hoses. Use water tank. Dump when necessary.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman