cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pressure washer

subcamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am going to buy a gas pressure washer for assorted cleaning, which includes some parts of the TT (hitch area, lower cladding,wheels, etc.) which won't be damaged.

What brand do you recommend? I am looking at about 2700psi in the $300 price range.

I have researched online and most of them have mixed reviews. The one with the best reviews seems to be the Generac 2700psi which is available at Lowes for $299. Lowes no longer carries it in the store, but they have free shipping. It looks like about 90% positive reviews for this one, while most others are closer to 50% positive. The only negative thing about Generac seems to be their customer service according to owners. Lowes sells a 3 year service plan for $39. While I usually pass on the service plans, I might get this one based on friends' pressure washers that have had pump failures.

Any suggestions?

Steve
18 REPLIES 18

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
The entry level machines are all about the same. Most pumps are not serviceable, if they die after the warranty expires generally best to just replace the machine. The better p/w's have a commercial quality engine and tri plex pump but these are somewhat more expensive and probably overkill for most home owners.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Personally I would care less about paying the buckos for a Honda motor. My briggs still runs like after 14 years. They don't get many hours on them normally.

Just a thought

SteveAE
Explorer
Explorer
subcamper,

I have had that pressure washer for about a year now....used it just again yesterday. Didn't get it at Lowes (didn't even know Lowes sold it), but at a small landscape maintenance supplier who also does repair work. So far, I have had no problems with it. My understanding at the time was that washers with horizontally mounted pumps (like this one) are less prone to failure than those with vertically mounted pumps typical on some of the lower priced units (like those at Costco). If it was me, I would not get the extended warrantee.

Good luck and happy washing,
Steve

WI_Bowhunter
Explorer
Explorer
I would look for a washer that uses a Honda engine. They will last a long time!
Keep the Shiny Side Up!;)

2011 F150 Supercrew, 4X4 3.5 Ecoboost, 145" wheelbase, 3.73 gears, Max trailer Tow package

2014 Puma 30DBSS
Equali-I-Zer WD Hitch

3 kids and 1 DW