Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane adapters

madlabs
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy All,

I have a Camp Chef Everest stove. Love it! But it is a bit of a propane hog. I want to attach to a regular propane tank. Yes, I know there are adapters for that but the tank on my tear drop is mounted 20' or so from the tank and I don't find any that long.

What I would really like to do is get rid of the connector/regulator that came with the stove and then put a regulator on my tank and run a low pressure hose to the stove. That way not only do I not need a long high pressure hose but can also use an adjustable regulator that would allow me to lower the flame a little if desired.

So the question is, what is the best way to connect a low pressure hose to the stove?

Thanks!

Jonathan
8 REPLIES 8

red31
Explorer
Explorer
Coleman stove is 15psi, I assume the everest is the same but do not know.
any sticker or placard on it?

madlabs
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help!

I guess the bulk adapter and the extensions are the way to go. I'd like to send a high pressure line to the back of the trailer and then connect the stove to that. The connector to the stove is an inconvenient size/shape/angle and running a hose forward to the tank every time is going to be a pain.

Bryan, looks like your diagram is pretty much what I want except that I can delete all of the low pressure stuff as the stove and a HP heater I use occasionally are the only appliances. The question with that system would be coming up with a legit way to connect to the stove.

What is the expected pressure for the HP appliances?

Thanks!

red31
Explorer
Explorer
ya add a 20 or 30 psi regulator at the container then tee off to the high pressure stove. Terminate in disposal thread connector 1x20, keep the stoves regulator. Operate other stuff with its regulator.

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
I've done what you want, which is to mount the regulator at the bulk tank, and run hose out to the stove. I jury-rigged it using pipe fittings and push lock hose with clamps. That is not what I would recommend.

What I think you will like better is to get one of these to screw onto your bulk tank;
Bulk tank adapter with hose

And then as many of these extensions as you want;
Disposable bottle extension hose

And keep your regulator right at the stove. If your device uses a lot of propane as you said, this will maintain good BTU performance.

What I don't like about this, is those very fine threads on the extension hose get damaged or gritty easily. Keep the little plastic caps that come on disposable bottles to protect at least the external threads.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have chained two 10' hoses more than once. You do loose a bit of propane when you unhook. (If you unhook) but I've done it
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
It is a "high" pressure stove, it needs to have its regulator connected to a bottle or a direct off trailer bottle connection. You could tee at the trailer bottle, put a quick disconnect at the tee for the the stove regulator from there. No way to use a "low" pressure hose directly from the bottle. While considered high pressure, it really isn't that high, but don't know actual regulated pressure. Basically the same as a home barbeque.
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is 5 ft long, but you could do some work on that to make one longer using the same "ends"

https://www.amazon.ca/Camp-Chef-Adapter-C-Oven-Black/dp/B0023F9YTS/ref=pd_bxgy_468_3?_encoding=UTF8&...
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

red31
Explorer
Explorer
When Camp Chef rv connection hose 'Excludes Mountain Series stoves'
https://www.campchef.com/rv-connection-hose.html

Everest is a mt right?

when it is excluded that tells me it is not a regulated low pressure appliance and that it is a regulated high pressure appliance.

You could use the proper regulator @ the container if you can find that pressure of run container pressure to the stoves high pressure regulator.