cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane Concern

TrailLite30
Explorer
Explorer
Hello , I am new to the camping world and have a quick question regarding my propane usage.First I live in Camper full time, I have two 20 lb propane tanks and it seems like I'm using more than I should be , possible leak??? I wrote the date on the tank last time I replaced and turned on, turns out I was able to get 24 days off of one propane tank does this sound about right? I turn my hot water heater off every night to conserve as it does not have an electric element option. I cook on the stove maybe three nights a week and barbecue for about 30 minutes maybe two nights a week and basically just turned hot water heater on when I get home from work to take a shower then I turn it off. Really concerned I might have a leak but not sure where to start also regulator valve is brand new to swap takes. Should I be getting more time out of a 20 #tank ?

โš Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" at the top?
    Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to "member" issues with Open Roads Forum sites. Signatures, profiles, photo testing, and for reporting account issues. Please avoid using this forum for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, visit the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic, and click the Post New Topic link. Thank-you!

Moved from FORUM POSTING HELP AND SUPPORT
16 REPLIES 16

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Probably sounds about right. At first I thought you meant that you left the water heater on all day long but yes just turning it on to actually take a shower is what we do. We don't even fully heat the water to the point of letting it shut off on its own.

If if you had a leak there'd be a good chance that you would smell it somewhere around you rig. I had a t fitting underneath a TT with a loose fitting and it wasn't leaking real bad when I put soapy water on it to look for bubbles but just a little bit that it leaked I was able to smell it when I walk by.

If you can get to the tees and other fittings underneath, you can spray them with a soapy solution and look for bubbles. Also the hoses regulator.

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
I would start with soapy water sprayed on regulator lines. That's where I found my leak.
Bill and Joey the dog