cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quietest vent fan Maxxair or Fantstic?

Bluebeard
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace the ceiling vent above our bed in my 5er and I wanted to know who makes the quietest fan? Wife sleeps lightly and has hot and cold swings so I am sure she will be adjusting it all night.
10 REPLIES 10

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
path1 wrote:
I don't know which is quietest, but something else to think about...

Call me lazy but We moved our fan from bedroom to kitchen. Then put in a Fantastic fan with remote control for the bedroom. Sure is nice to mash a button to shut it off or on when you're laying in bed, being just about in "la-la" land and someone has to get up and turn the switch. Noise is "white noise" to me anyway.

I put a Fantastic 6600R in the bathroom. I have found that there are times when a 14 speed fan can't move enough air in my 28R's water closet. Enough said. :E
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Another idea - get a portable box version - Fantastic have it, don't remember about max. Put it on exhaust in the other end of the trailer and open window on the other side, as suggested.

Mex is right about down blanket, it stabilizes body temperature and covers you from annoying (to some people) air movement. A light sleeper with cold and hot swings will never be happy with any fan, if additional measures are not taken.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
Another consideration; we run the Fantastic Vent fan on exhaust elsewhere in the RV and open the window beside the bed. All other windows and vents are closed. It draws the cool night air in the window and across the bed with no noise.

I've tried and tried to convince my other half that if you close all the windows except in the sleeping area that like you said, then the fan running in another area, will draw air in where your sleeping. But she thinks you need all the windows open.

In our old mh we had a MaxxAir, that over the roof vent and was about a 150* U shapped with the fan at the other end of the 150* leg, which got the noise away from the open hatch and prevented any rain from coming in.

I tried to get one for our new mh but that model in no longer made.

Dusty

JD_and_Beastlet
Explorer
Explorer
I can't speak to the noise comparison but I am impressed with the FanTastic Vent after installing two in our travel trailer. Quiet, reliable and powerful.
2008 Starcraft ST 2700BH behind 2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew EcoBoost FX4.
Linked by ProPride 3P 1400.
restcure.ca

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Another consideration; we run the Fantastic Vent fan on exhaust elsewhere in the RV and open the window beside the bed. All other windows and vents are closed. It draws the cool night air in the window and across the bed with no noise.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
I have one of each. Fantastic is much quieter. Max is in the bathroom and if run on high seems like it would suck wallpaper off the walls.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Air blowing through a screen is difficult to mute. The characteristic of the noise is important. Have you tried a "White Noise" generator? That and a lightweight down blanket worked wonders for my wife when she was sick with cancer and developed near insomnia. Genuine goose down not feathers works best. She chose the waterfall effect. I can say after using one for four months Thinsulate is nowhere near as good as goose down for moderating sleeping temperature. I can sleep comfortably under goose down at 70F. Unless that fan pulls in enough cool air her thermal issues will not be addressed and that means appreciable air volumne ie noise. The head disperses a lot of body heat and a 30 db muffin fan on the night stand on her side would move more air than a person would think. I use a hardware store mechanical dial A/C control for my bedside fan. Easy to make up and worth it's weight in gold. Hope this helps.

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
mlts22 wrote:
I would go with Fantastic Vent because they have an outstanding reputation.

Outstanding marketing, I guess. Haven't seen side to side comparison of noise level.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I would go with Fantastic Vent because they have an outstanding reputation.

My next rig, this is something almost a must have, especially with a vent cover. Come the Texas summer, with a vent cover (just in case a summer shower blows over), this would allow the rig to be ventilated so it doesn't get past 110-120 degrees inside.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know which is quietest, but something else to think about...

Call me lazy but We moved our fan from bedroom to kitchen. Then put in a Fantastic fan with remote control for the bedroom. Sure is nice to mash a button to shut it off or on when you're laying in bed, being just about in "la-la" land and someone has to get up and turn the switch. Noise is "white noise" to me anyway.

No more wife or me having to get up and manually turn knob when in bed. In kitchen you're on your feet anyway, so no big deal.

Of course make sure you have the elec you need before starting project.

Fantasic fan also impressed me with their service...they have a 800 number and you leave your call back number and within 1 hour someone called and answered all my questions.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"